Gus MacPherson new gaffer - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gus MacPherson new gaffer

Doddie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Deego said:

"MacPherson will take up the role immediately and will lead his first training session with the squad this morning in preparation for Saturday’s game against Dunfermline."

So was that today he took training?

Aye, was the statement due to be posted this morning or tomorrow?

And when was this decided? Aren't there rules on when they can enter the bubble?

As always with our clusterfuck of a club nothing ever stacks up.  Still the silence from MCT is deafening.  Not really encouraging folk like myself to get on board with their apparent lack of any action.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

18 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

As always with our clusterfuck of a club nothing ever stacks up.  Still the silence from MCT is deafening.  Not really encouraging folk like myself to get on board with their apparent lack of any action.  

They just sent a mail about it there. 

Edit to add - also on their website https://mortonclubtogether.com/2021/03/10/gus-macpherson-appointed-first-team-manager/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Interesting to note from the MCT update the following:

"whether community ownership goes ahead..."

Uh Oh.

Good. That option is open and should remain so until a deal is acceptable to both sides.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Interesting to note from the MCT update the following:

"whether community ownership goes ahead..."

Uh Oh.

Well, seeing as negotiations are ongoing and a deal hasn't been agreed, of course it remains a maybe. 

Reassuring reading into that phrase that a walkaway position is still on the table if the deal is not right.

It was clear that we needed to do something. It's the type of appointment that could be expected in this situation. 

I'm glad that we've actually tried to be proactive, even if a little late, rather than hoping for the best. We absolutely needed to attempt something after the weekend. 

To be fair to Gus McPherson and Andy Millen, they could well be exactly what we need at this time.  An experienced management team who have been out of the game for a while, who have probably applied for dozens of jobs but been passed over, and who will have something to prove.  

I reckon they could be the steadying influence this club needs at this point.  My biggest concern is that Crawfordjag seems to alienate everyone that comes into contact with him.  They could well be the latest in the long line of victims for that tosser.

*insert signature here*

9 minutes ago, capitanus said:

To be fair to Gus McPherson and Andy Millen, they could well be exactly what we need at this time.  An experienced management team who have been out of the game for a while, who have probably applied for dozens of jobs but been passed over, and who will have something to prove.  

I reckon they could be the steadying influence this club needs at this point.  My biggest concern is that Crawfordjag seems to alienate everyone that comes into contact with him.  They could well be the latest in the long line of victims for that tosser.

Out of the game for a while

Passed over

Check what St. Mirren then latterly Killie fans had to say about the 2 of them.

Especially Millen, the Killie fans hatred for an assistant manager goes some 

Hang on a minute! Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been under the impression on here that we’re imploding and nobody in MCT or the board give a monkeys where we end up. Now we bring in an experienced management duo and there’s widespread apathy! I felt the same as the majority but by that logic I didn’t see this coming. It’s quite a bold move, a good appointment and won’t come cheap. With the state we’ve been in it’s irrelevant that they had connections with our local rivals, and completely petty to even mention it. I’m pretty sure they’ll recognise quickly which players merit a starting place, and provide the tactics and formation that will best suit them. I came on here looking forward to a bit of unusual optimism. I should’ve known better!

3 minutes ago, Tonfan8040 said:

Out of the game for a while

Passed over

Check what St. Mirren then latterly Killie fans had to say about the 2 of them.

Especially Millen, the Killie fans hatred for an assistant manager goes some 

Jim Duffy wasn't exactly first choice amongst Morton supporters at the time, and didn't get off to the best possible start.  But with the benefit of hindsight he was exactly what we needed, steadied the ship, got us promoted and gave us some of the most enjoyable times as a Morton supporter.   I see McPherson in a similar situation to Duffy, he won't be universally popular but he will do a decent job for us.

I couldn't honestly care what Killie supporters think of anyone or anything.  They are a bunch of fucktards.

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Maybe MCT pushing for a change after the reaction to Saturday? 

After substitutions on Saturday it became clear Anton was not the solution.

Tenure started with a surprise win and finished with one.

Well Gus does have experience and hopefully get us over the line.

38 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Jim Duffy wasn't exactly first choice amongst Morton supporters at the time, and didn't get off to the best possible start.  But with the benefit of hindsight he was exactly what we needed, steadied the ship, got us promoted and gave us some of the most enjoyable times as a Morton supporter.   I see McPherson in a similar situation to Duffy, he won't be universally popular but he will do a decent job for us.

I couldn't honestly care what Killie supporters think of anyone or anything.  They are a bunch of fucktards.

I agree with this. Presumably this has been on the boil for a while but Saturday saw the board spur into action, for whatever reason. (Presumably.) Item one on the agenda would have been, safe pair of hands. Item two would have been currently unemployed (as we're not likely to pay compensation and it's a two-month deal anyway.) McPherson fits the bill handily.

I'm pleasantly surprised we got a manager at all, frankly, although it once again throws into stark relief just how much absolute fucking rubbish our club statement was when Hopkin left.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived