Gus MacPherson new gaffer - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gus MacPherson new gaffer

Doddie

• Doddie changed the title to Gus MacPherson new gaffer
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.gmfc.net/club-statement-4/

Bizarre timing to make this appointment after finally getting a win after 10 without one. Also strange to see Anton staying onand working undet a new manager.

Short term I'm ok with the appointment of an experienced manager, someone to hopefully see us over the line.

3 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

https://www.gmfc.net/club-statement-4/

Bizarre timing to make this appointment after finally getting a win after 10 without one. Also strange to see Anton staying onand working undet a new manager.

Short term I'm ok with the appointment of an experienced manager, someone to hopefully see us over the line.

Will McElhone stay on?

Not sure I get the timing of signing a manager and a new assistant now, when we've needed one for at least 3 months.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Will McElhone stay on?

Not sure I get the timing of signing a manager and a new assistant now, when we've needed one for at least 3 months.

Statement says he will. Maybe he'll go to Ayr.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

Statement says he will. Maybe he'll go to Ayr.

Just had seen that suggested elsewhere. It would explain getting an entirely new management team in this late in the season.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Hope this doesn't backfire. Going to be another reshuffle in the team dynamic (e.g. Millar and McLean dropping down from coaching duties) and quite late in the season to be fucking about. 

Got to suspect Anton will be off to Ayr with Hopkin, if he does get that job. Fair play to him though he's been committed since Hopkin left.

We'll see how it goes...

Despite the importance of last night’s result, the Greenock Morton Board felt that experience would be crucial in the remaining eight games as we battle to maintain our Championship status

Maybe if the Board hadn't tried to coast by without such an important position filled for 6 months we wouldn't be panic-signing a fucking manager with 8 games to go.

The more I think about it the more annoyed I get.

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived