Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (Championship 9th March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (Championship 9th March)

Admin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So's not having a manager but we're breaking all the rules this season. We'll be wearing barrels next week like Depression-era cartoon characters.

Carson and Duffy have the cigars out against high balls. More through balls, please.

EOho8Pw.png

Ohhh that was a bad miss. Great work down the left there (who was it?), Sterling did well to connect with the cross but headed well wide. Got to test the keeper from there. Still, at least he got into a good position.

That's more attacking than we saw all day Saturday. Signs of life at last.

EOho8Pw.png

I'd call it unlucky...though should have scored tbf...what a difference a proper focal point is making...winning free kicks and getting at defenders...not a bad start from Sterling. Given what's came before wtf has he not been starting????

14 minutes ago, Nornirontons said:

I'd call it unlucky...though should have scored tbf...what a difference a proper focal point is making...winning free kicks and getting at defenders...not a bad start from Sterling. Given what's came before wtf has he not been starting????

I agree. He has economy of movement, sure, but he's pretty fast and strong. We're still on a hiding to nothing when we punt it up to the center-backs but at least we have something resembling a chance.

EOho8Pw.png

That was a really bad miss from Sterling, but he thankfully looks an improvement on Salkeld and Orsi. He's not been given much to work with but he's doing a good job of making a nuisance of himself rather than the defenders being able to play as if there's no one there, as Ayr's could on Saturday. There's a lot of fruitless effort and running, but it's not just headless chicken charging about.

That's the only thing we've created and the defence has looked shakier as it's gone on, but at least we're in the game.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived