Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March)

Admin

1 hour ago, gmfc23 said:

Tbh I'm getting to that stage. I was all for it chipping in a few quid to the cause but all I've seen is the money pissed up a wall on shit signing after shit signing (kris doolan Billy King) the fk car crash of a first team squad we have now and the latest ringers to roll up a fkn unfit keeper and two guys that can't even get a look in ahead of the shit on show tells its own story. 

Enough is enough if there's no movement from MCT in the week ahead I'm out it's time to act unfortunately. 

Unfortunately I am feeling the same at the moment.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Toby said:

With a crowd inside Cappielow next season, I’d hope that Crawford would hate that scenario a lot more than any of us would.

As much as crowds in stadiums would be conducive to the absolutely toxic atmosphere that Golden Casket's behaviour merits and Crawford must be delighted he's escaping it this season, I'm not sure going back to Cappielow to hound them will be the best course of action.

It's a horrible thought when we're all desperate to be back in grounds, but I can absolutely see a scenario where fans all over the country are getting back in at the start of next season and meanwhile we're in Sinclair Street protesting rather than piling back into the Cowshed. I don't want it to come to that for several obvious reasons, but while MCT walking away from the takeover is definitely the correct course of action with the two insulting options on the table there's every chance Golden Casket's response to them walking away is to dig their heels in rather than negotiating something that isn't insane to ensure the takeover goes ahead.

In that entirely likely event there's no chance I'm setting foot in Cappielow, because Golden Casket are never going to get another penny from me. That might make for a less hostile atmosphere in the ground, but they'll still be getting a hounding outside it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

As much as crowds in stadiums would be conducive to the absolutely toxic atmosphere that Golden Casket's behaviour merits and Crawford must be delighted he's escaping it this season, I'm not sure going back to Cappielow to hound them will be the best course of action.

It's a horrible thought when we're all desperate to be back in grounds, but I can absolutely see a scenario where fans all over the country are getting back in at the start of next season and meanwhile we're in Sinclair Street protesting rather than piling back into the Cowshed. I don't want it to come to that for several obvious reasons, but while MCT walking away from the takeover is definitely the correct course of action with the two insulting options on the table there's every chance Golden Casket's response to them walking away is to dig their heels in rather than negotiating something that isn't insane to ensure the takeover goes ahead.

In that entirely likely event there's no chance I'm setting foot in Cappielow, because Golden Casket are never going to get another penny from me. That might make for a less hostile atmosphere in the ground, but they'll still be getting a hounding outside it.

Count me in.

3 hours ago, LargsTON said:

If MCT don't have a substantial change of tact as a matter of urgency I'd urge everyone to force their hand by cancelling their donations.

I'm sure that the original pledge cycle of 24 months ends at some point this year anyway. MCT would therefore have to make a new pitch to keep taking money from the majority of paying members, it's not an indefinite, rolling Direct Debit scheme.

Any support pledged for the rest of the season needs to be fulfilled by MCT and wherever possible by its membership as well. It won't do the reputation of a potential fan ownership group any good at all if they're seen to welch on their obligations, albeit with better reasons than just "the team's shite". MCT should be making it clear though that GC will receive zero support next season, and any new funding drive should be for a fighting fund to empty these clowns and/or pick up the pieces of what they leave behind, not to prop up the club under the Raes' watch. The tactic of cooperation has run its course and I won't be renewing my support unless that's reflected in either a credible breakthrough in the takeover talks or a change in attitude this summer. 

If GC prefer to stick to their £2 million asking price for a club in the third tier, then let them twist in the wind there without MCT or fan support. Their conduct has made it much easier to dinghy the streaming option this season and I won't be buying tickets for home games next season; even if there aren't away games to attend in their place.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

54 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

100% this 

JB

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Totally scunnered with it all tbh. Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. They can whistle if they think I’m paying £14 to watch whatever the hell that was.

MCT better pipe up as well, as they’ve been awfully quiet of late, considering the frequent updates we were getting at the beginning of the initiative. They better start reading the room soon, or they’ll be filed under GC lickspittles.

14 hours ago, Toby said:

Yep, I listened to capitanus for a good while and withheld from signing up to MCT, before excitedly joining in the wave they got in the summer when the imminent takeover was announced.

I’m reluctant to choke them, as, just like for Crawford, for us they’re the only show in town. I’ve also got an arrogant pride that we didn’t stand back and let our club die, unlike some others, and not signing up to MCT would be tantamount to that. But that doesn’t mean MCT are representing what I, and an increasing number of others think is best for our club.

If it means another year under the Raes in League One, and even a drop to League Two in order to get what is the best possible deal for Morton and the fans, then so be it, even if it harms the personal career ambitions of some involved. With a crowd inside Cappielow next season, I’d hope that Crawford would hate that scenario a lot more than any of us would.

Not sure you are any good at poker.

I am more of a VT supporter. The Raes  must go this season. There are only two options MCT and administration as the Raes won't  service any debt over and above that owed to Golden Casket. 

Yes, I want to cut my £20/month contribution, but having paid it for two seasons I actually want a return or more accurately a successful outcome. So I would suggest we all take a moment and consider who is responsible for this mess. I hope current MCT members continue to pay their subs at least until we have an outcome this season and then make their decision.

Relegation will have a serious impact on the budget and the opportunity for MCT to succeed as 8th place championship money is substantially more than 3rd place in L1.

I am also concerned that MCT has a number of blue blazers in their ranks but those leading the group need to sort that out.

If you actually read my post, I pointed out that I’m reluctant to choke MCT, which suggests I won’t be cancelling my direct debit, but that doesn't mean they are acting the way I want them to, and shouldn’t be answering the concerns of their subscribers.

The wish for the Raes to go at all costs is what is allowing Crawford to hold MCT to ransom over the ground. He knows we want him out, so is holding all the cards when the opposite should be the case.

Relegation and the budgetary constraints it would entail are all relative- we’d be competing in League One with what is effectively a part time League One budget, akin to East Fife as opposed to a full time League One budget in the Championship, akin to what Raith had in their time down there. We’re not talking about bouncing back to the Championship straight away- we’re talking about the immediate survival and long term stability of the club. And at this rate, we’re going down anyway- whether Rae is in office next season or not. The club immediately becomes a less enticing investment in League One- will there be room to renegotiate in the few days between the probably delayed play off final defeat and the proposed June 1st takeover? Certainly not if the mantra is “get Rae oot at all costs”.

If spending longer than we’d like down in League One is the price we have to pay for that then so be it, it’s better that squatting at Crawford’s pad for eternity just so that @EdinToncan get himself a nice wee tie that would cost him £7.50 anyway in the Smiths fire sale.

All in all, an absolute car crash of a post, with the final sentence being the only redeeming feature.

In all the years I have been going to football matches I have never walked out before the final whistle. Yesterday would have been the first time. Absolute disgrace , no players are worthy of keeping. 

17 hours ago, Toby said:

Aye, I want some answers from MCT, here. Never mind a wee red dot when I say that you fancy a club blazer and tie this time, some actual answers as to what pressure will be put on the outgoing owner and how MCT actually plan using the position of strength they have by being the only show in town.

And yes, I’m looking at you, @EdinTon.

A bit of a hypocrite Gordon.

I have attracted 101 red dots and most of these are from you and your snapchat group. I am unaffected by such acknowledgements and will post as I see it.

Yes I did read your post but are more in tune with VT and Dunning's thoughts on this matter.

I am sure you have little if any management and financial experience. As dropping to league  1 is a car crash as you say. I see Clyde and Airdrie have benefited from that strategy. Let's not forget Partick and Falkirk.

In the lower leagues in Scotland most clubs sign their players on 12 month contracts. So while a drop might see us win more games the quality will be lower though crowds may be higher.

Lower quality than *what* exactly? Our super strike force that will struggle to hit double figures between them all this season?

The division that we're playing in next season is the least of our worries right now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

19 hours ago, LargsTON said:

If MCT don't have a substantial change of tact as a matter of urgency I'd urge everyone to force their hand by cancelling their donations.

I've personally held back joining MCT because the way I see it now, rightly or wrongly, is that I'd be as well transferring that money directly to GC's bank account.

That's not to be taken as an encouragement to those who are MCT members to stop paying their monthly subscriptions, everyone has to make their own mind up about that. But for me personally, I remain to be convinced that the money is being invested in the best way to ensure the long-term security and viability of GMFC. You only need to look at the two frankly ridiculous options on the table to come to that obvious conclusion. 

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I've personally held back joining MCT because the way I see it now, rightly or wrongly, is that I'd be as well transferring that money directly to GC's bank account.

That's not to be taken as an encouragement to those who are MCT members to stop paying their monthly subscriptions, everyone has to make their own mind up about that. But for me personally, I remain to be convinced that the money is being invested in the best way to ensure the long-term security and viability of GMFC. You only need to look at the two frankly ridiculous options on the table to come to that obvious conclusion. 

That's where I am as well.  The experience of the Trust hasn't encourage me either.  I want MCT to be successful, but they need to change approach if they want my money.  They hold the cards and should be making that clear to GC.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

5 hours ago, Ton4life said:

A bit of a hypocrite Gordon.

I have attracted 101 red dots and most of these are from you and your snapchat group. I am unaffected by such acknowledgements and will post as I see it.

Yes I did read your post but are more in tune with VT and Dunning's thoughts on this matter.

I am sure you have little if any management and financial experience. As dropping to league  1 is a car crash as you say. I see Clyde and Airdrie have benefited from that strategy. Let's not forget Partick and Falkirk.

In the lower leagues in Scotland most clubs sign their players on 12 month contracts. So while a drop might see us win more games the quality will be lower though crowds may be higher.

Okay, here we go.

1. My name is Russell, if you wish to call me Gordon, remember to prefix it with “Mr”.

2. It’s not hypocrisy- @EdinTon could have answered my point and given me a red dot, but chose not to. I’ve got no issues with him giving me one, but as a member of MCT, I’d like him to address my point as well as registering his disapproval.

3. I see VT has given you a wee riddie for this post too, so here’s number 103. You’re welcome.

4. You may well have read my post, but I can’t be held responsible for your lack of comprehension. Try running your finger under the words in future.

5. What experience is required to establish that just caving into someone’s first offer in order to get them out the door is fucking stupidity? I’ve bought a house and a couple of cars before, should I have just gone with whatever the sellers told me? No, I negotiated a price which was more to my liking.

6. You’re more in tune with VT and Dunning’s thoughts on the matter? Faint praise for two of the more learned posters on this forum.

7. Dropping down to League One is happening anyway, under Golden Casket this season. And it’s also something that should be anticipated at some point, as we’ve been a lower end Championship team for the majority of the last 14 years since our promotion in 2007. I didn’t say it was a car crash, I said your post was a car crash. Two completely different things.

8. I don’t want to see Morton in League One, but if it’s the price we have to pay for long term stability and ownership of Cappielow, then I’m prepared to pay that price. Short term pain for long term gain. We might see a lower standard of football, so what? Further down the line, with no assets, seeing shite football will be the least of our troubles.

9. All in all a second absolute car crash of a post from the forum’s very own Henri Paul. Next time you try something like that, try re-reading your post, and before clicking the “Submit Reply” button, click the wee cross at the top of the screen. That would be better for all concerned, you in particular.

Archived