Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March)

Admin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More kickoffs than corners in the team today.

Not sour grapes at all but as much as Ayr have bossed the second half, I think even their most ardent supporter would call today's performance good rather than great. That is, they had clear limitations in the first half, but have worked around them and taken advantage of our own. We've done the polar fucking opposite - through baffling substitituons we've exacerbated our own weaknesses while doing little if anything to capitalize on theirs. This Johnson guy can hit the touchline one time out of every three, sure, but then what? Runs it out of play or sclaffs it because that's Ayr's strong flank. We've contrived to make their midfield look like Busquets and Iniesta. (Speaking of which, whose bright idea was it to punt Andy Murdoch again?)

Utterly, utterly horse.

Once upon a time this would have soured most of my Saturday but I'm about to close my laptop then head out to the country for a couple of days, and I doubt I'll give this game or club a moment's thought until I get back online.

Fair play to the Raes. Their money-grubbing is going to pay off. They'll leave this club without a stadium, and in all likelihood back in the third tier where they found it, and then one day the stadium will be sold, and that will be that.

EOho8Pw.png

Mcelhone can fuck right off with the raes. An absolute embarrassment of a performance. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

31 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

And if MCT continue to sit back and pander to the Raes, they can fuck off as well.

Bang on. Time for MCT to pull the plug on the takeover. They’re the only show in town and the cunt’s desperate to get shot. This should be done on MCT’s terms, not Crawford’s.

He can’t afford to see the club go down the pan, time his hand was forced.

This club is broken.

That was beyond unacceptable. No attempt to play football, just high balls to Jack Baird. Must have our best players on on Tuesday. Persist with this unfootball and we are down.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

No Morton manager could survive a winless run like that in the middle of a season...

...it's a pity we have a conditioning coach rather than a manager in charge. 

A caretaker with no experience isn't going to cut it here either. MCT have members on the board. We should be starting the recruitment process now for a manager. 

Changing the manager would be the equivalent of pushing a panic button - which is exactly what a functioning professional football club would be doing right now though, as there is no chance of survival without a change. Queen of the South got rid of their manager going into the play-offs a few seasons ago because they were doomed, and scraped survival. 

That said, I'm not convinced that we will get much benefit from it. Unlike Ayr who will benefit from the Kerr sacking, our squad has been rancid since Hopkin's shambolic mismanagement in the summer and we let other teams strengthen much more than us in January. I say 'more than' but of course our signings then have not even been getting on the park, so we haven't strengthened on the park at all.

It's very difficult to engage with the absolute state that this club is in now, between the Raes and the highly fortuitous pandemic that is covering for them. I just want things to be fast forwarded to a point where those asset-strippers are out of the road, and if that means the Second or Third Division or blowing the whole company up and starting all over again then I couldn't give a toss right now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Who in their right mind would take over this team at the minute? (That’s in any way decent) 

That’s not to say we shouldn't try it, we should, I just do not know who’d be up for it 

Hard to imagine a more inept, woeful performance in a game of such importance. Ayr deserved their win without question and it leaves me wondering what the fuck our coaching staff are doing all week.

Shambolic hoofball for 90 minutes, zero creativity and no-one taking any responsibility for changing things. Our defence had its customary periods of napping to allow 2 preventable goals and the subs did nothing that demonstrated competence.

I just hope we fluke avoiding a playoff because this team are midtable first division at best.

Total fuckin pish Morton.

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Go down and we're done. Id struggle to build any sort of enthusiasm for next year

If the Raes are in charge then survival this season means Clydebank levels of performance next season instead. Until that cancer is removed it does not matter what level we're playing in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Hard to imagine a more inept, woeful performance in a game of such importance. Ayr deserved their win without question and it leaves me wondering what the fuck our coaching staff are doing all week.

Shambolic hoofball for 90 minutes, zero creativity and no-one taking any responsibility for changing things. Our defence had its customary periods of napping to allow 2 preventable goals and the subs did nothing that demonstrated competence.

I just hope we fluke avoiding a playoff because this team are midtable first division at best.

Total fuckin pish Morton.

The team itself being League One level at best isn’t the issue for me. Teams come and go, but the malaise at the club is such that we’re headed for a generation of League One and League Two football in front of 700 crowds with 1-0 midweek defeats at Kelty Hearts becoming the norm.

The club is being suffocated by poor forward planning by Dougie, and neglect by his son.

This is the legacy, and it fucking stinks.

Absolutely gutless and clueless performance. While it is harsh to be overly critical of McElhone, the line-up and substitutions are down to him and suggest he is in over his head. Fjortoft and Lyon have to be better options than some of the donkeys on the pitch today yet neither get a look in. How people like Blues, Salkeld, Nisbett, McGinty and Muirhead are allowed to stink out Cappielow is beyond me. The real problem though is the current owners have thrown in the towel and MCT appear to be playing patsy to this lack of governance. The end result is likely to be relegation, playing in a ground we don't own or lumbered with a debt we can never repay. As time goes by it is getting more and more difficult to differentiate between Scott and the Raes - both are/were happy to bleed the club dry.

8 minutes ago, HamCam said:

The end result is likely to be relegation, playing in a ground we don't own or lumbered with a debt we can never repay. 

Well you've changed your tune. Until recently you were calling those who highlighted these very concerns 'knicker wetters'. Welcome to the knicker wetters club.

Archived