Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March)

Admin

Another absolute clusterfuck all round defending a set-piece, which was completely unnecessarily conceded through McGinty's incompetence. A Jonathan Page level donkey.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Got to hope Strapp has an injury, if not, that was a hellish change.

Left side has been pish since Strapp went off

Even with an injury it's inexplicable. Ayr's right flank has been their weak spot for the whole game. Why would you hamstring your team with such an out-of-position change?

I'm genuinely not one of those guys who thinks that managers are totally useless and can't see what's happening on a football pitch but I watch games like this and have to wonder what Anton is watching.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, dunning1874 said:

Another absolute clusterfuck all round defending a set-piece, which was completely unnecessarily conceded through McGinty's incompetence. A Jonathan Page level donkey.

He’s fuckin rotten. It doesn’t say much for the rest of the squad’s mentality when a player who refuses to take the slightest bit of responsibility at any point ends up with the captaincy.

AWMSC

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Even with an injury it's inexplicable. Ayr's right flank has been their weak spot for the whole game. Why would you hamstring your team with such an out-of-position change?

I'm genuinely not one of those guys who thinks that managers are totally useless and can't see what's happening on a football pitch but I watch games like this and have to wonder what Anton is watching.

It doesn't matter what he is watching. He is not a manager and is treading water.

Blues was ahead of Lyon under Hopkin, Anton knows no better. Muirhead was our replacement left back, Anton knows no better.

2 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

The biggest, flashing red warning light of the entire season is when people started talking about how much that haddy had 'improved'. 

Any team that depends on his level of performance and general lack of ability deserves relegated.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McGuffie off? FFS.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

McGuffie and Colville were the only Morton players who've even looked like footballers today. He takes the two of them off while leaving Nesbitt, Salkeld and Blues on?!

Just fuck off McElhone.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Can’t get past the first defender. Again.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Fucking hell, Mcelhone is a cretin. Lyon still on the bench. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Relegation scrawled all over this. Strapp and Colville subbed. This is clowncar management. Can’t even do hoofball. 

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

This is historically bad. Nobody is willing to play a ball forward unless it's a long diagonal to the 'keeper/touchline/railway line. Ayr aren't exactly Ajax 1995 but at least they can make a ball forward connect occasionally.

EOho8Pw.png

Completely devoid of ideas. 

Archived