Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Ayr (Championship 6th March)

Admin

Also, if Ayr could trouble themselves to try a shot on goal, they could be three up by now.

Absolutely pig sick of McGinty's inability to control a football and play a simple forward pass, by the way.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I don't understand how he can still be so unfit he can't even sit on the bench, or for that matter why Wylie can't be on the bench since he's obviously not out on loan now with the WOSL suspendes. Surely in an emergency of McAdams getting injured or sent off during a game, having a goalkeeper who isn't fully match fit on the bench is less of a risk than having to put Muirhead or whoever in goal?

Aye, unless he is genuinely injured of which there has been absolutely no talk  of, then how can he be so unfit to not sit on the bench?

Limited risk of having to come on only in the worst case scenario to throw himself at a few balls (more competently than an outfield player).

Well judged as a ringer, but didn't expect him to also be such a wage thief.

This is fucking chronic. Mcelhone is a haddy and so are his team selections. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

If you had told me twelve months ago just before the original lockdown that we'd be fielding McGinty, McLean, Blues and Salkeld as the spine of our team this season then I'd be checking Brechin's points tally to see how low we could go. There's absolutely no excuse for persisting with this nonsense when we've picked up one win in ten games and have multiple different options available in midfield and attack. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Somewhere between 60-70% of Blues' passes go out of play or directly to opposition players. The 30-40% that do find a Morton player are always, always either underhit or overhit by a few yards, leaving his teammates stretching for it and on a hiding to nothing.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

This is fucking chronic. Mcelhone is a haddy and so are his team selections. 

Indeed. I don’t really care if he’s a fitness coach or anything else, the issues here should be obvious to anybody with even the most cursory knowledge of football. There’s no excuses for this shite, just pick your best players and stop playing rubbish ones.

McGinty is fuckin brutal.

AWMSC

Just now, dunning1874 said:

Somewhere between 60-70% of Blues' passes go out of play or directly to opposition players. The 30-40% that do find a Morton player are always, always either underhit or overhit by a few yards, leaving his teammates stretching for it and on a hiding to nothing.

Overhitting passes and crosses has been the norm for the entire team today. Quite sobering to watch.

EOho8Pw.png

QoS back to 2-2 at Arbroath.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

If you had told me twelve months ago just before the original lockdown that we'd be fielding McGinty, McLean, Blues and Salkeld as the spine of our team this season then I'd be checking Brechin's points tally to see how low we could go. There's absolutely no excuse for persisting with this nonsense when we've picked up one win in ten games and have multiple different options available in midfield and attack. 

That is what happens when you have a sports coach that knows fuck all about football. And who is probably going to get us relegated.

Just now, EanieMeany said:

Indeed. I don’t really care if he’s a fitness coach or anything else, the issues here should be obvious to anybody with even the most cursory knowledge of football. There’s no excuses for this shite, just pick your best players and stop playing rubbish ones.

McGinty is fuckin brutal.

McGinty does my head in. He's great for a Terry Butcher moment every now and again but at other times he looks like he's literally never seen a football in his life.

Overall him and McLean have been solid enough but we need more than that if we're to pick up points, we need a guy who can put his foot on the ball and start an attacking move. It's time to give Fjortoft another chance.

This ref's a fastidious wee bellend.

EOho8Pw.png

Just look at the lack of imagination there. For once Salkeld actually has space on the ball with McGuffie and Colville both ahead of him making runs. Does he take a touch and look up? No, he just hammers it straight back to McGinty who punts it right to Ayr's goalkeeper, with no Morton player within 40 yards of it.

What's the point?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

QoS back to 2-2 at Arbroath.

QotS have really came back from the dead this season. Was reading they have 4 Rangers players on loan, no far off a feeder club at this point

6 minutes ago, bigB said:

That is what happens when you have a sports coach that knows fuck all about football. And who is probably going to get us relegated.

Hopkin was picking almost the exact same jobbers in the first half of the season and put the squad together in the first place: what's his excuse then? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived