Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (Championship 27th Feb) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (Championship 27th Feb)

Admin

3 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

I think that's the least of our fucking worries a daft tweet 

It’s probably further down the list for you than learning how to tie your shoelaces, eating your dinner without spilling spaghetti hoops down your Slazenger tee shirt and getting to the bottom of the street without pissing your Donnay breeks are, in fairness.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Toby said:

7B8B7C88-FF54-45A4-8BC3-546A2159254D.png

Is it just me that gets pissed off with this sort of patter from Markus Fjortoft? Whether he should be in the team or not, it’s completely disrespectful to the manager and the rest of the squad and comes across as him questioning his boss in front of us.

If he’s got an issue with it, that should be kept in house.

Yes. That's poor 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That team today was crying out for Lyon in place of Blues. Blues isn’t the worst midfielder but Lyon offers more. Wouldn’t argue against Fjortoft getting a start. Not sure who screwed up fot the second equaliser but worrying we are losing goals like that. Should have had the game sewn up by then. BTW, Colville is some player - great at controlling the ball in tight spots & finding a pass. Understated and laid back, but he was terrific today & took his goal beautifully.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

55 minutes ago, Toby said:

7B8B7C88-FF54-45A4-8BC3-546A2159254D.png

Is it just me that gets pissed off with this sort of patter from Markus Fjortoft? Whether he should be in the team or not, it’s completely disrespectful to the manager and the rest of the squad and comes across as him questioning his boss in front of us.

If he’s got an issue with it, that should be kept in house.

Absolutely agree. 

And this is an intelligent guy who knows exactly how social media works, running his own podcast about business and media with Ciaran McKenna, (he of the hilarious keystone cops Falkirk defending masterclass) 

He knows precisely what he is doing here. The social media policies of most workplaces will have open criticism of management as a definite no. 

He has form for this as well. His dad did the exact same as this when he was dropped earlier in the season. 

Totally disrespectful. Shows some sort of misplaced superiority complex cos he went to uni in the States and his dad was a player. 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

BTW, Colville is some player - great at controlling the ball in tight spots & finding a pass. Understated and laid back, but he was terrific today & took his goal beautifully.

Really starting to see why Hopkin brought him up the road. He's definitely got something about him. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Toby said:

It’s probably further down the list for you than learning how to tie your shoelaces, eating your dinner without spilling spaghetti hoops down your Slazenger tee shirt and getting to the bottom of the street without pissing your Donnay breeks are, in fairness.

Now that is shite patter.Right up there will Alan Patrige ton

1 hour ago, El gofer said:

Totally disrespectful. Shows some sort of misplaced superiority complex cos he went to uni in the States and his dad was a player. 

Is it that? Or is it because he's fed up pulling splinters out of his arse, while our top notch defence leaks preventable goals in a nine game (1/3 of our league season) winless run? I'm not sure why you've jumped to the former conclusion tbh.

That still doesn't make flapping your trap about it on social media an acceptable response though. It's not a ridiculous crime, but it's not going to help the team nor his prospects of getting in the side. There'll be quite a few others who feel that they deserve more game time: it's not an excuse to air them in a public setting.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

26 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Is it that? Or is it because he's fed up pulling splinters out of his arse, while our top notch defence leaks preventable goals in a nine game (1/3 of our league season) winless run? I'm not sure why you've jumped to the former conclusion tbh.

That still doesn't make flapping your trap about it on social media an acceptable response though. It's not a ridiculous crime, but it's not going to help the team nor his prospects of getting in the side. There'll be quite a few others who feel that they deserve more game time: it's not an excuse to air them in a public setting.

Pretty much this. Yet more award winning fhact based analysis!

TIME FOR CHANGE!

24 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

He has been part of that defence though. McLean and McGinty have been partnership for past 4 games. 

Agree that he can consider himself slightly unfortunate not to have got a starting slot last week but not this week. 

Your second paragraph is bang on the money. Lyon and the likes of Oliver, Orsiand the two new signings will be in a similar position to him but have kept their own counsel on the matter. 

Thing is, he had to have had a decent shout of getting a start next week as well... 

If McElhone pulls him aside in training and tells him to can it with the twitter emojis and he continues to keep doing it, then it obviously becomes an issue, but hopefully it's just a mixture of youth and frustration. I would definitely consider playing him against Ayr next weekend.

3 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Yes, should bin the social media promotional strategy.

Must only post and not read what's being said as he has been well supported for starting games on this platform.

A bit like Lyons maybe Anton doesn't like or read what's posted here.

You think that the team is being picked to spite an online forum? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 2/27/2021 at 7:14 PM, TRVMP said:

Really starting to see why Hopkin brought him up the road. He's definitely got something about him. 

He had something about him last season too. Couldn't work out why Hoppy decided to ignore him when this season started. Was he injured?

Archived