Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (Championship 27th Feb) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dundee (Championship 27th Feb)

Admin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orsi's inability to hold the ball up and retain possession with his back to goal is what's pinned us back in our own half here. We just can't get out as they win possession so effortlessly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Really feel that MCT really need to negotiate with Rae about getting an experienced manager in even until the end of the season. As Mcelhone cant seem to get them organised. Something like McCann at Caley thistle. Or I fear we could go down.

Not a poor result in isolation and we look set to edge further away from immediate danger with results elsewhere, but it's no win in nine games though.

I don't think it can be stressed enough that the team and management deserve great credit for plugging away despite the binfire behind the scenes and keeping every match tight. Draws against Hearts and Dundee could easily have been zero points and five or more taken off the goal difference.

That said, I'm struggling to see the case for some of the current lineup. Is Fjortoft better than our centre back options? Lyon better than Blues? Oliver a better option than either Salkeld or Orsi? For me the answer is 'yes' to all of the above. There's a bit more quality within our squad that isn't seeing enough game time and that could be the difference between wins and draws and those damaging previous defeats being points shared. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Can’t afford to drop points next week. Ayr are two points behind us in the playoff place and have a game in hand.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

In terms of excitement a decent game with two excellent goals for Morton. Unbelievably frustrating though that we cannot defend a lead, making the same schollboy errors week in week out. While you cannot fault the effort, strange that Lyon and Marcus continue to miss out while none of the 2021 signings are getting a look in - no goalkeeper on the bench and Salkeld and Orsi pretending to be strikers!  Real pressure to get a win next week.

7B8B7C88-FF54-45A4-8BC3-546A2159254D.png

Is it just me that gets pissed off with this sort of patter from Markus Fjortoft? Whether he should be in the team or not, it’s completely disrespectful to the manager and the rest of the squad and comes across as him questioning his boss in front of us.

If he’s got an issue with it, that should be kept in house.

Archived