Manager next season? - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Manager next season?

gmfc_craig

1 hour ago, FredtheRed said:

I just love winding you all up. Duffy is fortunate to no longer be there. However the level of debate on here has considerably worsened over the years. There used to be some quality posters on here like David Edwards who had something sensible to contribute. Now it seems like a plethora of wee boys pretending to be tactical experts. Heyho....I guess this forum mirrors the fortunes of the team. And with that I'll sign off and you can all get back to picking your team and formation of. Mon the Ton!

Off you fk then don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! That was a class wind-up. I was just thinking that the level of debate here was bad, but then this guy showed up, posted something demonstrably wrong, was politely corrected... only to point out that he had been on the wind-up the whole time!!! Now, that's refreshing.

EOho8Pw.png

Club Statement - Greenock Morton FC (gmfc.net)

Last paragraph:

Despite the importance of last night’s result, the Greenock Morton Board felt that experience would be crucial in the remaining eight games as we battle to maintain our Championship status and we are delighted to have Gus and Andy on board for that challenge.

Can't actually disagree with that too much.

I do think it's a bit shan to say "yes you have the job until the end of the season" and then renege on it; and it's also a bit crap to constantly plead poverty (and say that Hopkin left as a result of this) and then employ two more people. But overall we now have a manager again.

edit: I see there's a thread on this already. Will let mods move posts as they see fit.

EOho8Pw.png

Surely this has to do with Hopkin taking the Ayr job in the near future and McElhone will be going with him? Otherwise it's a completely irrational turn of events.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 8:47 AM, thehustler said:

Bit unfair on me there I think. For sure we had a poorish end to my final season having been in the play off positions for most of it. But I did win a title; got us to a Hampden SF; a Scottish Cup QF. Since then we have been fighting relegation with the quality of player getting progressively worse. And now probably going full circle and will be back in the seaside leagues next season after 3 shambolic seasons since my departure. Anyway you are all doing a great job spouting your pish on this forum. Keep up the good work. 

Just checking in on how Dumbarton's quality of player is holding up under Duffy's stewardship, and how their own relegation battle is going?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived