Manager next season? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Manager next season?

gmfc_craig

38 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Don't  see Miller being the main man.

As budgets will still be limited opportunity for player coach?

Any decent players who have started their coaching badges on the horizon, Tam O Ware did a fair bit of shouting when in the team ?

In truth not that excited by this feel we just need to make sure we stay in the championship.

Doubt he will leave his 2 roles - player at lowly Partick Thistle and Manager of the Troon development team.

Good. Fuck Thomas O'Ware.

That suggestion was almost as bad as both of the takeover options. Almost.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Any decent players who have started their coaching badges on the horizon, Tam O Ware did a fair bit of shouting when in the team ?

In truth not that excited by this feel we just need to make sure we stay in the championship.

Probably the single worst sentence I’ve ever read on here.

And I’m old enough to remember Bawheid, Newton, Etta Crouton, LinwoodTon, MortonJag, Lord Volvic, steve, Ed de Ball, Salty, awww naw, Sick Mick and Pink Panther!

Neither Shelley Kerr or Andy Millen should be anywhere near this job. Kerr was mediocre at Stirling Uni and wasn't overly impressive with the SWNT. Andy Millen has absolutely no tangible experience in the dugout of a senior squad and next season is definitely not the time to let a rookie cut his teeth and hope that it works out well. 

I've been saying for a while now that we do need someone more experienced to help the club navigate what will be a turbulent tranistional period. It's worth remembering that, regardless of whether we are in the second or third tier, the footballing operations side of Morton will need to be built up from scratch. For at least the first season post-takeover we will need a manager with a large contact book who can assemble a squad, coaching staff and recruitment/analysis staff quickly and successfully.

I'd advocate that there needs to be an appointment made above the dugout that will have a guide on footballing operations, a CEO, Director of Football or a role such as football advisor. If possible, I'd rather see that appointment made before the end of the season to allow them a period of time to allow the club to begin making informed footballing decisions as soon as possible, however I doubt current circumstances would allow that to happen.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

2 hours ago, Alan_Partridge_Ton said:

Probably the single worst sentence I’ve ever read on here.

And I’m old enough to remember Bawheid, Newton, Etta Crouton, LinwoodTon, MortonJag, Lord Volvic, steve, Ed de Ball, Salty, awww naw, Sick Mick and Pink Panther!

Steve was a great poster, take that back.

Actually feel a bit "woozy" at the idea of Tam "Thomas" O'Ware managing this once-proud club. 

He wasn't a great player for us, to say the least, but Darren Young is a someone who I think would be both realistic and suitable. Has a decent track record building squads on pennies. I think they're about level with Thistle in League One, his East Fife side. 

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, Ton4life said:

I shout a lot too, can I get the gig?

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Actually feel a bit "woozy" at the idea of Tam "Thomas" O'Ware managing this once-proud club. 

He wasn't a great player for us, to say the least, but Darren Young is a someone who I think would be both realistic and suitable. Has a decent track record building squads on pennies. I think they're about level with Thistle in League One, his East Fife side. 

From the outside looking in, Stewart Petrie seems to be doing a really good job with Montrose and could possibly come into the same bracket.

I don’t really see any point in revisiting Duffy. We know what his celling is. An appointment which feels short-term from the beginning likely wouldn’t end well...though David Moyes is doing very well at West Ham again. 

8 hours ago, ChampTon said:

He wasn't everyone's favourite but a change of management may suit The Duff. 

Another no for me. No point in going back the way. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

22 hours ago, TRVMP said:

20 hours ago, cmdc said:

From the outside looking in, Stewart Petrie seems to be doing a really good job with Montrose and could possibly come into the same bracket.

Yep would be happy to give either of them a go at it. Especially Petrie who has been working wonders at Montrose.

Mon the Ton

Yeah, that's the kind of appointment I'm hoping for. Guys who aren't complete newbies, but maybe feel they have something to prove at the full-time level. Guys who aren't completely untried, but are just hungry and young (managerially) not to rest on their laurels and to keep on learning. And most of all, guys with a history of managing on low budgets.

There are lots of suitable candidates out there but it'll also depend on what the board is looking for, I suppose.

EOho8Pw.png

34 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, that's the kind of appointment I'm hoping for. Guys who aren't complete newbies, but maybe feel they have something to prove at the full-time level. Guys who aren't completely untried, but are just hungry and young (managerially) not to rest on their laurels and to keep on learning. And most of all, guys with a history of managing on low budgets.

There are lots of suitable candidates out there but it'll also depend on what the board is looking for, I suppose.

That's a whole new thread right there - who will be the board next season?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Manager next season?   Not even thought about it tbh. Largely irrelevant til we get the Rae's to fuck away from the club and the stadium safeguarded from GC.  Personally I think we're about to sink without trace.  

I really hope MCT have things in hand and maybe Petrie an up and coming hungry manager could be just the start of this club hopefully finding better days ahead.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, LargsTON said:

Manager next season?   Not even thought about it tbh. Largely irrelevant til we get the Rae's to fuck away from the club and the stadium safeguarded from GC.  Personally I think we're about to sink without trace.  

My worry too.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived