Match Preview/Thread - Hearts vs Morton (Championship 20th Feb) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hearts vs Morton (Championship 20th Feb)

Admin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I get that, but would have bitten your arm off for a result of any kind today

Absolutely, it's an excellent point and the performance is a huge reason for optimism.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

A welcome surprise of a point.

Would certainly have Fjørtoft in the starting line-up more often than not. Strange that he seems out of favour.

Agree but strange time to call that out after a pretty positive defensive performance.

Expected the worst after our start but really grew into the game and caused some problems. Great finish my McGuffie.

Jacobs was brilliant today, really need him and Lyon starting together from here on in with Colville in front of them.

Back 5 all done well and thought Salkeld put in a good shift. Can understand why he started.

4 points from 4th to 9th. Alloa seem to be cut adrift but 6 teams are in a promotion/relegation playoff fight. I'd take 8th right now.

Badly need a win.

5 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

A welcome surprise of a point.

Would certainly have Fjørtoft in the starting line-up more often than not. Strange that he seems out of favour.

I must admit I'm not a huge McLean fan...but when he got turned by Boyce in the first half and made sure he fouled him and took the yellow..its that little bit of knowhow and experience that does go for you in situations like that and fair play to him....and the wall afterwards it should be said.

Decent result and although we didn't have a lot up front, Hearts didn't exactly force Macadams to make a lot of saves either.

I can't understand why Lyon gets so little game time.  He's clearly a far better option than Blues.  He and Colville and Jacobs should be the first names on the teamsheet.  I know Blues has scored a few goals, but he seems a bit lighweight compared to Lyons.  Why did neither Sterling nor Johnson get a look in today - are they not fully fit yet?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived