Match Preview/Thread - Hearts vs Morton (Championship 20th Feb) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hearts vs Morton (Championship 20th Feb)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot and use the discount code Morton10 for 10% off your order.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are any lessons to be taken from Queen of the South's performance against them last week, it's that we should crowd the midfield with a load of physical hardworking jobbers to sit deep, force them out wide and put pressure on the ball there. You need to maintain organisation and composure defending crosses and it helps to have one pacy and skilful player who can create chances on the counter attack or even just move you up the park enough to give the defence a breather.

While we have plenty of players who could be described as jobbers, beyond Jacobs and Lyon we don't have any energetic or physical central midfielders, we've shown no indication that we're capable of basic marking when defending set-pieces and we don't have anyone who's pacy and skilful. That game plan is out then.

With the inevitably of defeat here we should just go 4-4-fucking-2 with Oliver and Muirhead up front for the potential hilarity of one of them scoring at Tynecastle.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

53 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Anyone got a quick link to the stream?

Aye but i will charge you a tenner to post it. 

Well, anyone considering paying ÂŁ18.50 to watch us get a skelping on a shite steam deserves to be fleeced for everything.

The £18.50 pricing shouldn’t be the main factor in folk deciding whether or not to buy the stream for tomorrow’s game- rather the point that Hearts are an appalling football club, ran and supported by bullies who have tried to throw their weight around by crying victim and shouting boycott at any club who did the right thing over the summer.

Yes, the stream is extortionate, but if it cost a fiver, it would’ve been a fiver more than that rancid club would’ve deserved from any of us.

Yes first game I will give a miss this season, pricing is a joke and tit for tat on that Hearts currency.

Will also be giving the Inverness pixelate coverage a miss. Really irritated my Queen's supporting mate on Weds by shouting on IC to get stuck in and get the goal back only for him to confirm the live stream was still 0 v 0 and not only late but poor quality. So much so he couldn't make out which Queen's player was on the ball.

If someone posts a link to where I can watch for free, great. If not, will follow on Twitter. £18:50 is ridiculous. Might stick a pound on us winning 1-0 at odds of probably about 500/1 as that sort of result would be so Morton.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Mcadams

Ledger. Mclean. Fjortoft. Strapp

Salkeld. Lyon. Jacobs. Millar. Newbie

Sterling

Thats hoping that everyone is fit and available. Genuinely struggled to pick that team as we have been so poor. Mcginty needs dropped but can't see it. Pack the midfield - if there was a better option than Millar then put him in. 

I'd start Johnson and sterling in the hope that they have the same impact that the new signings at Queens have had. Pace, power and workrate and a great outlet. In saying that I'd be shocked if the team looks anything like that. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

IMG-20210220-WA0021.jpg

Blues ahead of Lyon :lol:

Assuming that's another 4-2-3-1 and Salkeld is the lone striker, that's only Omar for Jacobs away from being the most lightweight midfield we could pick. Delighted to have Jacobs back obviously but it should always be Lyon in there with him.

Notice that Butler still isn't on the bench either.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Butler has said repeatedly that he’s not ready to play, which is just farcical really.

Also, Johnson has been in on trial for a while, so if his signing was so necessary that it could happen without moving players on, which we were told only days ago was the case, you’d have thought he’d be right in to the team; ditto Sterling.

We shouldn’t be paying for players who aren’t going right into the team (or who aren’t fit enough to play, as is the case with Butler by his own admission).

AWMSC

Archived