Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb)

Admin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

If it's any consolation, we don't need to watch a game on the tattie field at Cappielow for a few weeks, and when I passed Parklea this morning, the new pitch was being laid, so I assume we'll be back there once the work is completed.

I presumed the reason we trained at Cappielow was simply to cut costs on using Parklea etc

2 minutes ago, Madton said:

I presumed the reason we trained at Cappielow was simply to cut costs on using Parklea etc

As far as I know, we were paying very little, maybe even nothing, to train at Parklea. The pitch at Parklea has been poor for a couple of years now, and was actually mentioned in the media as being a reason that the club's academy was going to lose out funding as it no longer met the minimum requirements.

For the goal McLeans attempt to clear and get in front of the goalscorer was hopeless to say the least.

Central midfield is hopeless and short of ideas. Sideways or backwards means nothing in the game ffs. Bin Blues and Omar they simply aren't good enough. The 1 hope is you have young Reece and Jacobs who can play at this level  and add much needed quality to the side.

Sterling was largely anonymous and really wouldn't be used to playing on a surface like that to be fair. 1 observation is he clearly wants the ball in behind and the worry is do we have the quality to provide that type of service?

If MCT were thinking of putting Millar in as Manager a re think is in order. McElhone is a coach and I wouldn't dispute that hes bad in that role but as a manager it's clear this current format isn't working and should be binned no matter what the outcome is at the end of the season! Play the best player not your mates!!!

Is Lyon injured? Can’t believe he wasn’t even in the squad if he was fit.

Clear we need him, Colville and Jacobs as the core of or midfield. Also Fjortoft in at CB for McLean.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/morton-defeat-frustrates-anton-mcelhone-once-again-as-he-rates-kazaiah-sterlings-debut/

One thing i like about Anton is his honesty. Saying its not good enough, we never tested the keeper, need to defend better etc.

Refreshing compared to Hopkin's comments like " 1 error cost us, 1 breakaway the whole game, 1 mistake all game pish he gave us weekly.

He knows its not been good enough, just hope he can somehow get us out of this mess.

Archived