Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb)

Admin

50 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Oh, of course, but I’m assuming nobody forced Hopkin to dole out multiple contracts to Cameron Blues or the likes of Rabin Omar and whatever-his-name-is Wallace. The club is a disaster at every level, but the buck for the state of the squad stops with the manager...although that said, it’d surely have been appropriate for the club hierarchy to step in and ask questions. 

It isn't Hopkin's fault that we didn't bother to rectify the issues with the squad in January, or even sign a player until the start of February and losing three crucial games in the meantime before they can have a meaningful impact. Queen of the South and Arbroath had greater issues in their team and took credible measures to solve them last month. Our failure to do likewise is all on the ownership. And if Hopkin had a genuinely competitive budget last summer then he probably wouldn't have tried to be clever and sign a bunch of 'can do a job', cheap utility dross in the first place. 

The blame for this current shambles is therefore two parts on GC (and by extension, the rest of the board whose presence lends credibility to these disinterested chancers) and one part on Hopkin for his very poor job in the summer. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling losing the ball twice as a result of the tattie field surface.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Sterling losing the ball twice as a result of the tattie field surface.

That had nothing to do with the surface. Obviously not writing the guy off after having possession twice but on both occasions that was just not knowing where he was going and blundering into tackles to lose it cheaply.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Donovan Simmonds reincarnated. Sterling looks hopeless.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Sterling deserves a chance to settle. He's been here for 5 mins for fuck sake. 

That was rotten today. We have absolutely no creativity at all. Something needs to change or we will be relegated. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I didn't think I would be saying this but we need Queens to put one over on Alloa.

This shite year could get worse.

Millar should never start again, yes come on last 20 mins to hold the fort when the opposition are tiring.

When fit Colvile, Lyons and Jacob's must start every week.

Fjortoft must be better than McLean , Anton needs to stop letting them pick themselves.

1 minute ago, HamCam said:

We may be limited as a squad but that is no excuse for being unable to test the opposition goalkeeper in the last two games. Another brutal watch.

For all the deficiencies of the squad, the problems are massively exacerbated by the lack of a manager. There’s at least enough there to be getting something more than what we’re getting with a bit of smart leadership, to try to wing the majority of a season without a manager is simply an act of sabotage on the part of the owners. 

AWMSC

We don't have any Championship level centre forwards, it would be extremely kind to call our defenders error-prone, and without McAlister, Lyon or Jacobs we have a finished 37 year old and two League Two players as our central midfield.

Seven without a win, ICT & Hearts away then Dundee next. We should really consider appointing a manager.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I chucked it after the Omar came on as it showed just how awful our bench must be if that imposter gets game time. He's the epitome of everything that's wrong with Hopkins judgement and McElhones eyesight.

4 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Seven without a win, ICT & Hearts away then Dundee next. We should really consider appointing a manager.

What calibre of applicant are we going to get, for the opportunity to walk into this fucking zoo and try and wring performances out of sub-par players in too many key positions? Do we give them a three month contract and then send them on their way once the takeover happens, or do we make next season a hostage to whoever was desperate enough to want a go at it in February? That's just extending bad decision-making into the new regime as well. 

I don't see how a managerial appointment would be the wise choice to make given our specific circumstances right now. As much as recent results have been hugely disappointing, it can quite easily get worse. If the players lose interest and commitment to the club then we'll be at 13/14 levels of shoeings and that is the distinct risk that you take by essentially declaring no faith in McElhone and bringing in a manager. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived