Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb)

Admin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath taking game to Dunfermline and getting a result, a shocker. They will go by us so trapdoor will open if we don't pick up.

Sadly Strapp fell on his arse then gave a free kick away. He has tailed off recently and we have done the same.

Raith are a big team and we have Miller, hope that Anton tell him to get in the shower.

We need to significantly change things.

Jacobs/Sterling on get Oliver and Mill ar off.

Ending up 9th by the end of this month was already looking likely. With an Arbroath win today, we could easily find ourselves there next Saturday and be adrift by the end of the month.

While I think a 4-2-3-1 is the best set up for this squad with everyone fit, without Lyon and Jacobs (and McAlister) it just can't work at all. There are too many problems with this squad to put it down to one position or a formation, but any midfield that doesn't have at least one of them in it is going to be non-existent and see us overrun. That's before we get to our mediocre for League One attacking options.

Just fling Sterling on and go 4-4-fucking-2 hoping he's brilliant, I've got no idea how we get out of this mess otherwise.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'm not sure what the intention is exactly, but we're playing the type of limp 4-1-4-1 which is an absolute pet hate of mine. Everyone is a bit isolated. There's no threat in the final third. There's a fear of being overrun in the middle but you just end up playing like you're a man down. 

1 minute ago, EanieMeany said:

Even if you fully believed the yarns about Hopkin dipping into his own pocket to cover costs, none of it would come close to making up for the damage he’s inflicted by the total shambles of a squad he’s assembled for the second season in a row.

Let's not leave our chinless wonder overlords out of this, whose 'och that'll dae' outlook until they never darken the door of Cappielow again has seen us overtaken by several clubs over both transfer windows. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, vikingTON said:

Let's not leave our chinless wonder overlords out of this, whose 'och that'll dae' outlook until they never darken the door of Cappielow again has seen us overtaken by several clubs over both transfer windows. 

Oh, of course, but I’m assuming nobody forced Hopkin to dole out multiple contracts to Cameron Blues or the likes of Rabin Omar and whatever-his-name-is Wallace. The club is a disaster at every level, but the buck for the state of the squad stops with the manager...although that said, it’d surely have been appropriate for the club hierarchy to step in and ask questions. 

AWMSC

FFS Nesbitt. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived