Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith (Championship 6th Feb)

Admin

83f5ae0a-1dc6-4248-bbf9-6ca035e2d890.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

The Inverclyde Boiler Company 

Tel : 01475 503304

Info@theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

www.theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and match thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts, who offer a variety of high quality, modern reproductions of classic Morton shirts from years gone by, including the famous orange Umbro away shirt, and the shirts from the 80s and 90s by Matchwinner and New Olympic, with new designs being added regularly, you can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot and use the discount code Morton10 for 10% off your order.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Kaz Sterling anytime imo. Genuinely no idea what to expect from this but we could really, really do with shitfesting a win given the games coming up. 

McBookie offering 13/10 on that. Which is a shanner of an odd tbh. 

EOho8Pw.png

I'd go for:

McAdams

Ledger - McLean - Fjortoft - Strapp

Jacobs (Millar if not fit) - Lyon

Nesbitt - Oliver - Colville

Sterling

McGinty has given away all three goals we've conceded in the last two games having previously looked a different player to last season. A McLean- Fjortoft partnership needs a shot, although I don't expect to see it with McGinty getting the captaincy.

I don't think Millar or Blues should be starting games but if Jacobs is still out it'll have to be Millar.

On paper those are clearly our strongest options for the three behind the striker, but Nesbitt has had two shockers in a row and could have no complaints with being dropped for this. The problem is that of the alternatives to be added to that midfield three, McGuffie, Muirhead and Salkeld have done little to justify a start in their appearances either, then you're left with Wallace who hasn't played a minute in the league, and Omar who admittedly hasn't played in that role which is supposedly his best position, but has been miles out of his depth in every appearance.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Aye no chance McGinty will be dropped and 2bf he has been generally good this season, albeit a few mistakes recently. Him and Marcus for me. 

Issue for me is none of the 4/5 wide men have shown any sort of form. All have had some game time recently and no one has impressed. Really need them to up their game otherwise Sterling will get very frustrated very quickly with the lack of service.

Jacobs and Lyon to sit with Oliver in the hole is the obvious middle 3 but Jacobs has played 8 minutes in the last 8 weeks so doubt he will be ready. Millar did well last week so let him stay in there.

We really need a win here, can't see us getting much out of ICT and Hearts away and Dundee at home. If we lose this, it's a relegation battle with Arbroath and Alloa.

That was far too easy.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Nesbitt’s passing lately has been dire.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived