Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (Championship 30th Jan) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (Championship 30th Jan)

Admin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the worst performance of the McElhone "era" by a distance. There are worries in midfield that are largely down to selection. Our worries up front are largely down to personnel. Lots of improvement needed if we're to stay clear of the dropzone.

EOho8Pw.png

Garbage. Sooner this season’s over and this board are gone the better. I think Alloa will spare us the automatic place, but we could very much still find ourselves in the playoff still. Livid at the thought of that even happening. 

14 minutes ago, so72 said:

How can they afford to bring in Hamitlon yet we cant even afford to sign a backup gk or a single non-playing member of the matchday team bar the manager. Chick Young questioning it on Sportsound and they are going to discuss with Ian Blair the Morton situation after 5pm.

Seriously concerned that there is 500k which has went missing.

Shame they can't bring cmdc on to tell everyone about how the money is definitely not resting in anyone's account and is fact going to Very Good Use Indeed.

Presumably on the £1 million annual maintenance bill that he also thought that the Raes were paying for Cappielow. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Six games without a win while our squad gets considerably weaker and the sides below us all strengthen. We're in massive trouble now and if we lose again next week you could accurately say we're in freefall.

That's McGinty directly to blame for all three goals we've conceded in the last two games. Straight back to last season's form for him and he needs to be dropped, but dreadful as he was McGuffie, Oliver and Nesbitt were all even worse and there were no good performances from Morton players today.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

6 minutes ago, Scott said:

Anton’s wee bounce over already. Hopefully Arbroath and Alloa continue to fight out 9th and 10th otherwise we’re in trouble. 

Bubble burst I would say.

Now lost to two of the so called bottom three.

Tactics were murder absolutely no bottle. Will be a battle to survive now.

We deserved nothing from this game. That was a dreadful performance where we offered nothing in midfield and/or up front. Anton talking Arbroath up as one of hardest games in the league just highlighted the lack of ambition - I am so fed up with those in charge at Morton talking up other diddy clubs. We may have a limited squad but Arbroath! 

Even given the circumstances, an unacceptable lack of activity to at least pretend we are aiming for the play-offs rather than survival and lining the pockets of the Rae family. None of the Rae family should be made welcome back at Cappielow when they are finally emptied at the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, HamCam said:

We deserved nothing from this game. That was a dreadful performance where we offered nothing in midfield and/or up front. Anton talking Arbroath up as one of hardest games in the league just highlighted the lack of ambition - I am so fed up with those in charge at Morton talking up other diddy clubs. We may have a limited squad but Arbroath! 

Talking up the opposition needlessly boils my piss as well but let's be absolutely clear about this: Arbroath have a better squad than Morton right now. Their starting eleven today was a fair bit better on paper - part of which falls on McElhone for some questionable picks when Lyon/Colville would offer greater quality. That is where we are due to the Rae's asset-stripping exercise and I would rather that the first team coach accepted that fact and worked from that basis to make the best of it than talk utter bollocks about our genuine promotion aspirations. 

What annoys me more was seeing a Tele article from Blues after the Inverness game (it could have been Strapp or anyone else and my response would have been the same though) claiming that the result had 'proved doubters wrong' and that we were a good side with quality in it. Well no it didn't, because a battling draw with ten men proved that the current squad has got bags of resilience and effort. That has never been in doubt and they still deserve credit - even in today's honking result - for doing what they can given the fucking zoo behind the scenes. 

Never mind a good team - we should be aspiring to be a decent team at this level first. On a good day at this level, a decent Morton team wins with some ease - either by racking a few goals up or (more often) having the game under complete control so that 2-0 or similar puts the game in no danger at all. The biggest win all season has been a 2-0 against Queen of the South that could easily have gone the other way instead: the rest have all involved some degree of desperation and clinging on. When this team is not playing well then it is going to lose because there is no fundamental difference in ability to bail them out on any given bad day. Those are the hallmarks of a poor quality team right there. 

That some players have been drinking the Kool-Aid about recent form was a huge red flag before this game, and it's time that was corrected. This team needs complemented with greater quality to achieve even its basic goals. That is the reality of the matter and it is not some unjust slur against those who are performing to their own level, but are simply coming up against better opponents most weeks. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I had a feeling that today was going to be bad as we have struggled so much to convincingly beat the teams below us. The team selection didn't change that view.

The total lack of interest in finding a back up keeper and a forward who knows where the goal is, smacks of a BoD who have abrogated all responsibility for keeping the team in the championship and who are only interested in getting out of Dodge. 

Frequent draws (even against all odds ones) will kill you in this division and I wouldn't be surprised if we are competing in the bottom 3 by the end of Feb. Being in this position isn't good but being put here through the owners disinterest really takes the biscuit. 

Nice to see Jim getting some final game time but as Nacho says wrong time. 

Archived