Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (Championship 30th Jan) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (Championship 30th Jan)

Admin

Our match thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company. We are extremely proud to be named as Alpha Heating No1 Installer In Inverclyde 💙

Alpha E-TEC33kw 💪🏻

10 Year warranty 🔧 

Magnetic Filter 🧲 

RF Wireless Controller ⏲

From £1850

The Inverclyde Boiler Company 

Tel : 01475 503304

Info@theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

www.theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts, who offer a variety of high quality, modern reproductions of classic Morton shirts from years gone by, including the famous orange Umbro away shirt, and the shirts from the 80s and 90s by Matchwinner and New Olympic, with new designs being added regularly, you can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot and use the discount code Morton10 for 10% off your order.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win here and we can focus on getting in shape to play in the championship next year.

Might continue with Oliver who while not on my favourites list showed I intelligence in holding up play and bringing midfield people into the game on Weds.

What's the update on Kyle Jacob's missed why he has not been around or playing.

I'd be lining up; 

McAdams

Ledger Fjortoft McGinty Strapp

McAlister Lyon 

McGuffie       Nesbitt        Colville 

Oliver

Just after the Inverness game I was advocating Salkeld to replace McGuffie, but I'm starting to favour McGuffie starting and getting his chance. The ball stuck a lot better in the forward areas on Wednesday, so Oliver should definitely be starting. It's just a case of altering the supply we're giving him and trying to get the ball into his feet more, so he can turn defenders and draw fouls. Blues might feel aggrieved to be dropped, but one (albeit excellent) lung bursting run and finish doesn't mitigate us being overrun in midfield for large spells of the game. It's too important a game to simply hope Blues can deliver. McGinty was absolutely stinking on Wednesday night, but I think given his performances this season he's earned the right to play his way back into form. 

I'd be looking to use Colville as something resembling an inside forward in this one and allow Strapp to provide the attacking width on the left. I'm looking for Nesbitt, after a very quiet and ineffective performance on Wednesday and a few sitters missed in recent weeks, to deliver a big performance. 

I'd like to think Morton could nick this by the odd goal, but a 0-0 slogfest wouldn't surprise me.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

4 hours ago, Ton4life said:

A win here and we can focus on getting in shape to play in the championship next year.

Might continue with Oliver who while not on my favourites list showed I intelligence in holding up play and bringing midfield people into the game on Weds.

What's the update on Kyle Jacob's missed why he has not been around or playing.

According to the Inverness Courier he missed a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury but has returned to training. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Millar was fairly effective in calming things down in the midfield when he came on against Inverness and allowed us to retain possession for more than 10 seconds at a time. Lyon also made a difference when he came on, and generally offers more drive forward than Millar. I’d have thought he’d start alongside Blues.

There’s less incentive to give Jim a run out with no crowd there to applaud him on or off the park. Hopefully a testimonial can be arranged for him post lockdown.

"After his years of service, we would love nothing more than to have fans at Cappielow tomorrow to celebrate his career and wish him well, but we hope you will tune in tomorrow to the live stream on ‘TonTV to watch Jim McAlister’s final game for Morton, and his final game in football."

Substitutes:

McAlister.

I don’t recall Linn having a “great career” down here.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

That's a tremendous clearance from McLean, but as good a cross as it was it was too easy. McGuffie needs to be putting pressure on the ball rather than standing off.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived