TheMortonForum.com
advertisement_alt

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

No one’s mentioned his two Twitter burners yet, which he’s still posting on. 

Dave will miss Dave, because Dave thinks Dave did a great job.

7 minutes ago, TONgerine said:

Give it to Gerry McDade and bung him another couple of pound or given the last 2 CEOs , don't bother and save money .

This the Morton equivalent of "just give it Giggsy"?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg
1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

No one’s mentioned his two Twitter burners yet, which he’s still posting on. 

Link?

The stadium was just resting in my account

In fairness, 'cappiefan1' could be any yer da who signed up for Twitter a couple of weeks after Dave showed up.

Wonder if he did this at Dundee as well? 'deesupporter4life' or something.

5 hours ago, RealTonKid said:

I couldn't care who Gerry's big team are, as far as I'm concerned he's doing a good job for Morton. He's not the only one who works at the club and may have allegiances elsewhere. That's the nature of living in a town where the majority are Old Firm supporters.

There are three million Morton fans on the dole yet you want to employ Bheggars?  You need to get your priorities right.

• Upvote 1

We may seem cold, or we may even be
The most depressing people you've ever known.
At heart, what's left, we sadly know
That we are the last truly British people you'll ever know.

Neither Gerry nor Andy have Morton as their 'first' team but despite initial reservations, the double act has grown on me and I now view them as a real asset to the commentary.

• Upvote 1

If anyone watches The Three Kings documentary on Prime, Gerry pops up as a talking head for Celtic. Quite odd to hear his voice alongside the likes of Ferguson & Stein.

If Gerry is head of PR would it not be acceptable to say that we should be hearing more from the club about the players who have left, fixture rearrangements and personnel changes that have happened? 

I admit I enjoy him and Andy as the duo on commentary but unless there’s a misunderstanding about his role within the club it seems like he’s lacking 

edit to add that we’re finding out about our player injuries from the Inverness newspaper 

Edited by Renfrew
New info
2 hours ago, EdinTon said:

...at commentating

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

If Gerry is head of PR would it not be acceptable to say that we should be hearing more from the club about the players who have left, fixture rearrangements and personnel changes that have happened? 

I admit I enjoy him and Andy as the duo on commentary but unless there’s a misunderstanding about his role within the club it seems like he’s lacking 

edit to add that we’re finding out about our player injuries from the Inverness newspaper 

The board are a pack of liars and charlatans, as if they're going to give him any material to work with.

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Was always likely to be a misused job title 

Agreed, some clarity on what he actually does would be welcomed. In terms of PR we’re a disaster.

13 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Agreed, some clarity on what he actually does would be welcomed. In terms of PR we’re a disaster.

He oversees Ton TV. They was his remit despite the title.