CEO leaving - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

CEO leaving

Mortonmark

Inevitable outcome after recent events. I don't understand the 'hate' for DM - what have I missed?  I do though think anyone is on a hiding to nothing working at GMFC under the current regime. Although MCT do not take over until next season, I hope we get someone in to replace DM. It must, however, not be a Rae appointment but someone that meets the expectations and shares the aspirations of the 'new' owners.

22 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Inevitable outcome after recent events. I don't understand the 'hate' for DM - what have I missed?  I do though think anyone is on a hiding to nothing working at GMFC under the current regime. Although MCT do not take over until next season, I hope we get someone in to replace DM. It must, however, not be a Rae appointment but someone that meets the expectations and shares the aspirations of the 'new' owners.

Was he not the one responsible for blocking half the fan base from the club twitter account for having the down right cheek to be in anyway critical of the club?

Also, a 3 year plan?!  Seriously?  Considering Hopkin was stating in interviews last season that simply not getting relegated would be some sort of achievement makes me take that statement with a snowball sized pinch of salt 

here today, gone to hell

"Our 3 year plan will start off with a season of having no money, trying not to get relegated, sign 22 players (1 goalie) with all the money we don't have then get rid of a few half way into the season.

"Next, we'll offload the club, build a wall around the stadium and car park and make the fans pay for it. End of plan."

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I’d imagine that for the good, honest, hardworking folk who are still at Cappielow and help keep the club ticking over on a day-to-day basis, going to work will be a much more pleasant experience from Monday.

My thoughts are with CFB Football.

1 hour ago, HamCam said:

I don't understand the 'hate' for DM - what have I missed?

A bit of a dickhead by all accounts. He didn't ingratiate himself with the fans by blocking them on twitter and inviting them for a "chat". I wonder if the mysterious letter episode will now blow over.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I’d imagine that for the good, honest, hardworking folk who are still at Cappielow and help keep the club ticking over on a day-to-day basis, going to work will be a much more pleasant experience from Monday.

My thoughts are with CFB Football.

Maybe the community trust will get the credit for the work they've done too. 

3 hours ago, TaunTon said:

The one bright spot of his tenure was the very public slap down of that balloon Scott Gardiner. As for the rest pretty forgettable.

A reasonable assessment. He was without doubt given a bad hand by the chinless wonders at GC but played it horrendously by picking idiotic fights with the fanbase and failing to deliver on just about every promise of a rejuvenated commercial strategy. The streaming farce for the Betfred Cup game before finally putting a good (though ridiculously expensive) package confirmed that he inherited the GMFC 'why do something right when you do it cack-handedly instead' approach. The website is still a binfire as well. 

Another chief executive who was much better at working the national media than overseeing his own organisation in a competent manner: which includes delegating tasks properly instead of wanting big licks for personally cleaning off the skid marks. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As expected the roadmap to supporter ownership is now clear.

Can't  fault his effort but should have seperated his responsibilities from the I can do that Crawford.

Must have had a hellava to do list no wonder he failed in his main responsibilities.

Archived