Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (27th Jan) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (27th Jan)

Admin

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Beginning to think that the board's decision to completely down tools for the season in December might not have been the wisest idea. We're a football club that is still without a confirmed manager, or goalkeeping coach, or backup goalkeeper, just rummaging around and assuming that we can make do until the season's end. Even by the Raes' standards this is a truly abject treatment of the club. 

3 minutes ago, Hej said:

Yep. Feel like all the noise about improving post-Hopkin and looking towards the play-off was extremely premature. That's 5 games without a win now, and Queens spell of form has us firmly back looking over our shoulder. Any run of results from Alloa and Arbroath, and we're deep in the relegation battle. 

I still feel we've improved post-Hopkin but the limitations of the squad are there for all to see, and we know this is all we're getting between now and game 36. It's actually quite amazing how little criticism Rae has faced for the situation in which we find ourselves. "Presiding" over the building of an imbalanced squad over the summer, then trying to dismantle it in the winter window... I mean, that's eccentric oligarch behavior. Clubs like Anzhi are run like that.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChampTon said:

Is there anything to like about this bunch? 

I like the character of most of the squad. This is generally an earnest, hard-working, good-natured squad. They've shown the ability to grind out results against the odds.

But there's also several error-prone guys among them, and tonight they've been hamstrung by a ridiculous midfield selection. I don't think that makes them dislikeable at all.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I still feel we've improved post-Hopkin but the limitations of the squad are there for all to see, and we know this is all we're getting between now and game 36. It's actually quite amazing how little criticism Rae has faced for the situation in which we find ourselves. "Presiding" over the building of an imbalanced squad over the summer, then trying to dismantle it in the winter window... I mean, that's eccentric oligarch behavior. Clubs like Anzhi are run like that.

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Only 27 games this season, mind.

'27 games' no doubt being the summary of the entire last board meeting. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

14 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

It's a clear yellow card. If he hadn't been booked already no one would have batted an eyelid at it.

Neither Blues or Omar should ever be playing in central midfield under any circumstances - playing them together is just throwing games away.

Agreed on all counts. Dunno why Ritchie is whinging so much about the second booking, it was as obvious as you'll get. What's equally obvious is that Blues and Omar are absolute rotten football players and Hopkin has an absolute cheek to be complaining about any budgetary issues when he's wasted money on the likes of them. McGuffie isn't really doing a great deal to justify his talk of wanting more minutes either, not hard to see why he wasn't getting played.

Is Reece Lyon injured or what? Baffling that he's not on the pitch if not.

AWMSC

Just seen that Nesbitt miss from Saturday for the first time. Worse than I’d actually imagined. 

On TRVMP’s point about Rae escaping criticism, I think he has to a degree but only because there’s actually an end in sight. If there was no takeover happening in the summer he’d be getting dragged through the town centre by his ankles - that could still happen if we’re relegated.   

29 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I can forgive it. At our level of the game you need to take little gambles on cheap, lower-league players from time to time. Occasionally you'll unearth a gem. More often you won't.

No, because the task is to take gambles on players who are excelling at lower levels to see if they can make the step up. Omar had 150 appearances for two midtable also-ran outfits in League Two. That's not a credible pick. Nor was 'James Wallace' or for that matter Cameron Blues who was last seen, somewhat loosely, in the central midfield of a Berwick Rangers side getting bodied out of the national league altogether before lucking into a full-time contract here.

Sir David Irons was derided on here for claiming that you can judge whether a player is good day or not by 45 minutes on the park. You could have done so here with their CVs alone.

I don't fault the players for trying to play at the highest level. The blunt reality though is that our signing policy needs to have a much, much higher minimum threshold because there can be no room for this many inadequate players in a full-time Championship squad. Boss the lower leagues first and then we'll talk.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Just seen that Nesbitt miss from Saturday for the first time. Worse than I’d actually imagined. 

On TRVMP’s point about Rae escaping criticism, I think he has to a degree but only because there’s actually an end in sight. If there was no takeover happening in the summer he’d be getting dragged through the town centre by his ankles - that could still happen if we’re relegated.   

The guy's about to merrily skip down Sinclair Street with the deeds to Cappielow in his back pocket, and hardly anyone seems bothered about this. There are - incredibly - still people on the Yer Da FB groups saying he's doing us a favor. The whole loathsome Rae clan must be pissing themselves laughing at us. They've run the club into the ground and they're about to get one of its only two assets on their way out the door.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived