Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (27th Jan) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (27th Jan)

Admin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beginning to think that the board's decision to completely down tools for the season in December might not have been the wisest idea. We're a football club that is still without a confirmed manager, or goalkeeping coach, or backup goalkeeper, just rummaging around and assuming that we can make do until the season's end. Even by the Raes' standards this is a truly abject treatment of the club. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A perfectly-timed two-footed lunge.

He's almost as much of a liability as was Ramsbottom. We absolutely can't keep playing guys like this and not expect to get punished for it. You can't get away with non-Championship players against teams like Inverness, they're just too smart and canny not to exploit it.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

This is the poorest quality stream I’ve had since the first game had to be punted to YouTube. How are things for others?

Oh FFS, down to ten now!

Stream didn’t settle for me until after the goals. Saw about 10 seconds of the opening quarter.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

NB: Special thanks to David 'Hoppy' Hopkin for that 'lower league gem' that he claimed to have delivered. Put that stinking deal pride of place on your CV. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

That's poor, wasn't even a foul ffs

It's a clear yellow card. If he hadn't been booked already no one would have batted an eyelid at it.

Neither Blues or Omar should ever be playing in central midfield under any circumstances - playing them together is just throwing games away.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

Beginning to think that the board's decision to completely down tools for the season in December might not have been the wisest idea. We're a football club that is still without a confirmed manager, or goalkeeping coach, or backup goalkeeper, just rummaging around and assuming that we can make do until the season's end. Even by the Raes' standards this is a truly abject treatment of the club. 

Yep. Feel like all the noise about improving post-Hopkin and looking towards the play-off was extremely premature. That's 5 games without a win now, and Queens spell of form has us firmly back looking over our shoulder. Any run of results from Alloa and Arbroath, and we're deep in the relegation battle. 

2 minutes ago, TONgerine said:

Why was he even signed ?

I can forgive it. At our level of the game you need to take little gambles on cheap, lower-league players from time to time. Occasionally you'll unearth a gem. More often you won't.

What I can't forgive is throwing him into the lion's den in this game alongside Cammy "Cameron" Blues. Inverness are not an awful side. It was obvious from the get-go that Omar would be overrun.

Anyway, on the game itself - at least we're not capitulating.

EOho8Pw.png

Streams been fine. Started well for 2 minutes absolutely fkn shite ever since complete fkn joke could be five or six if Inverness choose. Omar is fkn shite regardless of how soft the red was should be nowhere near the first eleven shambles all round

Archived