Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (Championship 23rd Jan) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (Championship 23rd Jan)

Admin

I don't think you need to know very much about the game at all to see we need some sort of natural striking options. Orsi looks like he's just plain run out of steam since the Ayr game. If being a yard off the pace was an Olympic sport...

Another player who just isn't cutting it is Salkeld. The last 2 games he's not done anything to suggest he should be starting against ICT. He was woefully out of position for their second goal. Seems to make exposing Ledger a habit and did little with the ball except pass it sideway!!! This is a guy who were looking at to get at fullbacks and he seems to not have the stomach for it going on the last 2 displays. He needs a good old fashioned boot up the backside imo and a night in a coat starting against ICT.

I think we'd all love a new face or 2 but can you honestly believe that is going to happen? I'd be utterly amazed if we signed anyone between now and the end of the season, even a keeper. After all the we've no money patter coming from the club and the manager debacle Rae will be sitting saying "that's us just about covered" by the grant I bet.

In all honesty this group are going to do the job that is required and it could be argued as things stand their above what was expected. I think we're likely to have the odd stinker and some better results at home especially. Where that takes us is for sure staying in the division. I can handle that. Where we go from there is gonna be interesting to see.

The challenge for the interim manager and his team is to get the best out of what they have!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are one injury or case of covid or having to self-isolate away from a disaster. We need to sign a keeper.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I'd be happy with one signing as long as it's a decent striker.  It's not ideal having no sub keeper but I think we could get an emergency loan, so if he can just make sure that he only gets injured or sent off in the last minute of a game we might get away with it.

Agree about Salkeld.  Not enough end product. Seems to have a very short fuse too.  Nesbitt is another one who often lacks end product but he has a good bit of trickery about him - he should have put that chance away on Saturday but instead of placing the ball in the gaping goal he elected to try to blast it.  Needs to keep calm and take the chances as he alone has cost us three points with the miss on Saturday and against Ayr.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived