Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (Championship 23rd Jan) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (Championship 23rd Jan)

Admin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Chesh said:

We desperately need a natural striker.  We have nothing upfront.

The biggest concern for me (it's not that much right now - we're still a fair way from trouble) is that Arbroath and Queens have already added a player or two in the transfer market, as well as Raith etc. in the midfield pack, all to improve their sides for the second half of the campaign. While the 'custodians' at Cappielow have stuck a fork in it and used the window to clear the decks regardless of the £500k grant.

I'm not asking for a spending spree - that would be utterly ridiculous - but a warm body to cover McAdams and a single credible centre forward is not too much to ask. Any competently run club in our position would recognise that as sensible insurance against an unlikely but much worse outcome for the club, but I think we know where we stand with the family who have the final say around here.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Omar is a terrible footballer. I have'nt seen a single thing from him to show that he should be anywhere near our first team.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Rabin Omar changing the game. Baller. 

lol. Im about 5 mins behind real time.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

12 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The biggest concern for me (it's not that much right now - we're still a fair way from trouble) is that Arbroath and Queens have already added a player or two in the transfer market, as well as Raith etc. in the midfield pack, all to improve their sides for the second half of the campaign. While the 'custodians' at Cappielow have stuck a fork in it and used the window to clear the decks regardless of the £500k grant.

I'm not asking for a spending spree - that would be utterly ridiculous - but a warm body to cover McAdams and a single credible centre forward is not too much to ask. Any competently run club in our position would recognise that as sensible insurance against an unlikely but much worse outcome for the club, but I think we know where we stand with the family who have the final say around here.

After the dunfermline game last week I said the very same.

We are crying out for 2 players. One being a consistent threat and making chances and the other being a goalscorer. A couple of signings in the mold of Nicky Cadden and Peaso would be welcome additions but realistically its not going to happen.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

You cannot throw points away with misses like that.

Nesbitt is an awful finisher. This is not news.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Down to 5th due to Raith's win at Tynecastle.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived