Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 15th Jan) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 15th Jan)

Admin

34 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Once again it was crystal clear we are crying out for a big target man to take advantage of Our good deliveries into the box, and to give Us an out ball. I expect the usual backlash to my contribution, but I would try one of our centre halves up front in training to see if he could win Strapp's long throws or the good deliveries from the likes of Colville, Nesbit, Salkend etc. If not there are plenty of Junior centre forwards who play the role. For me our creative players start the game well till they realise there's no focal point for their good build-up play and deliveries, which mentally drains their energy. (sits back and awaits correction from the appointed forum experts).

Jamie O’Hara and Adrian Durham have been routinely ridiculed in recent weeks not because the public are self appointed experts, but because their own views have been fucking stupid, attention seeking dirge and they’ve said it purely to get a reaction.

There’s no backlash to your contribution because of who it is making that contribution, it’s because said contribution is shite.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Once again it was crystal clear we are crying out for a big target man to take advantage of Our good deliveries into the box, and to give Us an out ball. I expect the usual backlash to my contribution, but I would try one of our centre halves up front in training to see if he could win Strapp's long throws or the good deliveries from the likes of Colville, Nesbit, Salkend etc. If not there are plenty of Junior centre forwards who play the role. For me our creative players start the game well till they realise there's no focal point for their good build-up play and deliveries, which mentally drains their energy. (sits back and awaits correction from the appointed forum experts).

Yes, the solution to our weakness at centre forward is clearly putting Brian McLean up front, or failing that signing some Dunga McClung figure from a literal pub team.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We have some great young players in the squad.  Strapp, Lyon, Colville certainly look to me as if they have a future.  Salkeld I'm not sure about yet.  At the start of the season I was a bit concerned that we would struggle, but since Hopkin left and Lyon and colville started getting a regular start, we seem to have improved.  I don't think our results reflect our overall play because we don't have a good striker to convert our creative play into goals.  Get that sorted and we'll climb further.  I don't know if we have any plans to get anyone in but I suspect not, so we'll maybe just have to rely on the midfield for goals with occasional centre back goals from set pieces.  I'd like to see Colville taking free kicks closer to goal as he looks to have a ferocious shot - witness that free kick at Arbroath that hit the post - more fruitful tactic than Robbie Muirhead's efforts I think.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived