Tomorrow's Tele - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tomorrow's Tele

48 minutes ago, irnbru said:

MacKinnon is full of himself and has been missing for months. I'd take anything he says with a pinch of salt. 

It was him who got rid of a kit man, etc but regardless, at a small buisness everyone does more than their job role and has to be a bit flexible. 

Not saying for a second that things are perfect but he's a charlatan and by the sounds of it, another snake. 

In fairness, his grievance seems more like that he is not allowed to do the job he was brought into do rather than having to do additional things. If he's the CEO then let him be the CEO (including being flexible). If not then pay him off. It's a bit like telling the manager that he can clean the toilets but he cannot pick the team. 

It's understandable that MCT wouldn't want him to continue as CEO. It does sound like he wants more power than we might want to give him (and he is coming across as a bit arrogant in that regard). 'I'll go to the papers,' is embarrassing. We all know the club is a shambles behind the scenes, but I'm quite certain that MacKinnon has also done things which wouldn't go down well with fans either (he's been a part of it).

All in all, unsurprising news. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t say I’m overly concerned about any of this morning’s revelations, they were all pretty much known by most anyway I’d have thought. Very difficult to see any criminality involved from MCT looking at covering all their bases for the handover, and confirmation that MacKinnon is a bad apple that should be rooted out of the club at the earliest possible opportunity.

It’s an embarrassing story for the club, yeah, and hopefully a death knell for MacKinnon’s tenure, but it’s the sort of thing we need in order to cleanse the club of this cancer that’s been running through it for years now. Well done to the Tele.

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

Just when you thought this club couldn't be anymore of a shambles.

If MacKinnon is doing all those roles and now the Rae's/MCT/whoever are messing him about with regards to his contract then I hope he does go to the press.  The sooner the Rae's are exposed nationally for their shambolic running of a football club for nearly 2 decades the better.

I'm not sure how you drew from that press report that McKinnon's issue is with the Raes tbh. 

Contrary to the claim made by the mimsy, bastard, quisling leak fuck - whoever he/she is - MCT board members are not there by dint of their mere '700 members' - which is oh btw half of the football club's core support - they are also there as capital investors in a failing football club over the past 18 months. Just like any other external investors, they have every right to be at the table - far more than some gobshite executive who was last spotted beforehand at that always ship-shape outfit Dundee.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

MCT is a new management/ownership model for the club.

I am more than happy that the ongoing review of operations has ruffled a few feathers as I would like to think our contributions are not just supporting the same old strategies and business practices.

As with all takeovers there has to be change and removal of deadwood while bringing in new blood.

No great beef against David Mc it has been a difficult job, one where I am sure he has had to cover much more than his job description but all employment contracts normally include and what ever additional duties which seem reasonable. So with Covid and Furlough that just about means doing everything.

Sadly he should man up and accept the challenge, will not greatly effect his reputation,  as new brooms generally appoint new CEO's or as they say put their man in charge.

Leaked reports won't be attractive to new employers.

6 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Quite a lot of assumption that he actually wrote and then leaked the letter. I find that a bit hard to believe 

Not sure how you can read that Tele article and not come to the conclusion that it was him that wrote it. Parts of it are literally first person around the CEO role.

Coming on expecting to read that Crawford has trousered the grant money or that Cameron Blues actually does have nudes of Hopkin's wife that he had been blackmailing him with in exchange for new contracts and game time.

Instead we get the completely shocking news that Morton are a shit show behind the scenes, there are untrustworthy snakes in the current regime and that MCT are getting more involved seeing as their contributions are effectively keeping the club going when the budget has been cut and that they are planning for next season.

Absolutely rocked by these completely unexpected revelations.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

I'm not sure how you drew from that press report that McKinnon's issue is with the Raes tbh. 

Contrary to the claim made by the mimsy, bastard, quisling leak fuck - whoever he/she is - MCT board members are not there by dint of their mere '700 members' - which is oh btw half of the football club's core support - they are also there as capital investors in a failing football club over the past 18 months. Just like any other external investors, they have every right to be at the table - far more than some gobshite executive who was last spotted beforehand at that always ship-shape outfit Dundee.

I'm not saying it's solely with the Rae's but the parts where it mentions "proper payment of contract", "CEO contract was with the Chair personally on behalf of the club" and then talk of going to the press to discuss the running of the club being embarrassing for the Rae's seems to hint there's a big issue.

I'll not be sad to see the back of MacKinnon but I hope that if he does go soon he shines more light on the shambles that the Rae's have brought on the club

here today, gone to hell

Takeover can't come quick enough to allow the Augean stables to be cleaned out.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Bit of a damp squib. Morton being run by shambolic amateurs is hardly news of the century and some tawdry squabble between the CEO,  Chairman and the prospective new regime doesn't change anything materially.

In terms of integrity I know who I trust.

So, it was a slow news day at the Smelly Tele then?

And what have we learned from this story?  Absolutely nothing.

Don't forget to read tomorrow's Tele, where a guy with tattooed knuckles will be moaning about living in a damp Hoose.

*insert signature here*

I'm almost relieved at this article!

It's nothing new and actually the sort of thing we have come to expect at Cappielow. The current ownership probably can't wait to relinquish control of the club and the sooner that happens the better. It's clearly a millstone round Golden Casket's neck. As for the CEO, going by his CV, he will surely have no bother talking himself in to another job at another provincial club. 

Then this current Chairman no longer has to go through the motions; something that has clearly been made harder by this pesky pandemic.

Six or seven months from now we'll hopefully have the professional people elected from and by MCT running the show. Most importantly, I think we may be able to expect reliable, professional communication with the fanbase. We're used to false dawns supporting Morton but this has real potential. Even the issue of GC hanging on to Cappielow, I believe can be resolved

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Archived