Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021)

Admin

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Guff. Two points dropped, they were more than there for the taking. Why did we bring Oliver back as well?

If we were aiming to finish in the promotion playoffs then it would be two points dropped - but we're not; so it isn't.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to Me that two things could be improved upon to turn Us into play-off challengers:

1/ We need to find a way to keep Our fitness and performance levels consistent throughout the 90 minutes. We seem to race out of the blocks and keep up a high tempo for an hour or so and then tire and allow Our opponents to get back into the game.

2/ We need a big target man to take advantage of Our good deliveries into the box, and to give Us an outball. Doesn’t need to be a prolific goalscorer, just a big physical specimen who can put himself about and hold the ball up. 

3 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Looks to Me that two things could be improved upon to turn Us into play-off challengers:

1/ We need to find a way to keep Our fitness and performance levels consistent throughout the 90 minutes. We seem to race out of the blocks and keep up a high tempo for an hour or so and then tire and allow Our opponents to get back into the game.

2/ We need a big target man to take advantage of Our good deliveries into the box, and to give Us an outball. Doesn’t need to be a prolific goalscorer, just a big physical specimen who can put himself about and hold the ball up. 

Ahem.....Kalvin Orsi?

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

If we were aiming to finish in the promotion playoffs then it would be two points dropped - but we're not; so it isn't.

Probably not, and we were in the same camp a few weeks ago, but there’s so much utter dross in this division the playoffs are definitely reachable this season. I know it it isn’t the priority but the opportunity is certainly there.

He is fucking signed up.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not sure if I'm the only person noting this? Its pretty ridiculous the amount of times a Lewis Strapp throw or a second ball off it lands around the 6 yard line without a Morton Jersey anywhere near it....its really not alot t expect a player to be in that area...is it?

Re a previous post by myself and continued calls for Young Reece and Lewis to be signed up....bottom line...MCT take over in the summer with each having 1 year left on their contract...people seem t think 2022 is a long way away but in reality by this time next year if we've not done something they'll be agents and plenty of interested parties in for these 2. MCT must secure these 2 boys or 6 months into their tenure everyone will be on here saying why was this or that not done as they walk away for next to nothing...hopefully this will be done over the summer..time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Nornirontons said:

Not sure if I'm the only person noting this? Its pretty ridiculous the amount of times a Lewis Strapp throw or a second ball off it lands around the 6 yard line without a Morton Jersey anywhere near it....its really not alot t expect a player to be in that area...is it?

Re a previous post by myself and continued calls for Young Reece and Lewis to be signed up....bottom line...MCT take over in the summer with each having 1 year left on their contract...people seem t think 2022 is a long way away but in reality by this time next year if we've not done something they'll be agents and plenty of interested parties in for these 2. MCT must secure these 2 boys or 6 months into their tenure everyone will be on here saying why was this or that not done as they walk away for next to nothing...hopefully this will be done over the summer..time will tell.

Fucking hell, not this again.

Clearly the only sensible way of conducting our business is to hand them an extension after the final whistle of every game, until they end up tied to the club to 2045 like a member of Jim McLean's Dundee United squad*.

* doesn't actually work anymore

1 hour ago, Nornirontons said:

Glad t hear you think its irrelevant in securing your best assets in a timely manner Toby...or are you seeing something different at the edge of the 6 yard box🤣

Totally agree VT..but 1 year before this time next year?

Given Lyon was out of the picture barely a month ago I wouldn't be rushing into anything, no. Once we have the ownership question settled, a firm idea of how exactly the club is going to operate going forward, a permanent coaching team, oh and an end to the unsustainable, BCD nonsense all in place then we can consider trying to tie up players to contract extensions. That's not going to happen before the autumn. 

13 hours ago, Nornirontons said:

Glad t hear you think its irrelevant in securing your best assets in a timely manner Toby...or are you seeing something different at the edge of the 6 yard box🤣

Totally agree VT..but 1 year before this time next year?

So who should, and is in a position to both financially and operationally, sanction contract spends for the season after next with the knock on effect of increasing wage budget spend for both this season and next?

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

So who should, and is in a position to both financially and operationally, sanction contract spends for the season after next with the knock on effect of increasing wage budget spend for both this season and next?

That's a good point actually - there has to be liaison between the current owners and MCT to agree a forward strategy that doesn't involve pressing control alt delete and rebooting Morton.  That could possibly involve committing to future expenditure prior to the actual takeover date, and that is something that should be getting discussed now.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Since Rees got back in the starting line up we seem to be playing better football. Can’t fathom why Hopkin didn’t rate him or Colville.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

19 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Ahem.....Kalvin Orsi?

I’m questioning why we’ve dominated two games and couldn’t win them. Orsi played in both games so I’m unsure if he’s the answer. He’s done okay but I was thinking of a taller player with more of a physical presence. We obviously can’t afford a Lyndon Dykes but someone of a similar presence could be a focal point for our creative players. As Nonirontons said, long throws as well as crosses are landing in dangerous areas and no-one seems to be there to capitalise. Players of the creative ability of Lyon, Strapp and Nesbit would surely benefit from having such a focal point, both as a target and as an improved end product.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

That's a good point actually - there has to be liaison between the current owners and MCT to agree a forward strategy that doesn't involve pressing control alt delete and rebooting Morton.  That could possibly involve committing to future expenditure prior to the actual takeover date, and that is something that should be getting discussed now.

As previous stated MCT have put two members on the board and are currently undertaking the due diligence process while gaining an understanding of the Morton business processes.

Not sure what more can be expected of this group and while both players merit consideration the main objective is to secure the the long term survival of the club.

Archived