Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021)

Admin

Poor goal to lose on several levels. The scrappy break outside the box, Strapp having two men at the back post and getting caught under it, McAdams has had to react really quickly but it's gone in the worst direction possible from his save, no one reacting for a rebound after we lost a goal the same way on Tuesday.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr have equalised.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just now, RealTonKid said:

3-2 Queens now

Ayr can fair ship them these days.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We need to get better at maintaining our performance when we have a lead. Obviously to some extent it's inevitable that your opponents are going to put you under more pressure, but we're coughing up avoidable chances when a bit of composure would let us see games out.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Sad loss of points.

Didn't  deal with Alloa calverley charge. Needed to get our foot on the ball and pass it about to calm the game down.

At 1-1 good to see we took it to them until the end. Oliver feck me where was your control when we needed it.

All in all probably decent result but should have killed them off.

Subs bench a bit bare hope we recover from this Covid issue.

21 hours ago, RealTonKid said:

Falkirk beaten 😄

Good a positive.

2 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

'A rot setting in?'....... you've taken that too far Trump.

Was thinking that as I posted it but I was too lazy to edit. There is an area of concern, let's put it that way.

EOho8Pw.png

8 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Was thinking that as I posted it but I was too lazy to edit. There is an area of concern, let's put it that way.

When a team is 1-0 up (home or away) and with 10/20 minutes to go ...the tendency is to park the bus and kill time.Not a tactic I ever feel comfortable with but shouldnt be conflated with complacency.

Silly goal to lose. Needed someone to put away some of the cross balls as Orsi was pretty anonymous today apart from barging into people. I think we looked better with Oliver on. Colville Lyon and Nesbitt all decent (that open goal miss apart) and defensively solid for the most part. I think we will be safe and maybe sneak into top 4, but it’s a stressful watch. At least it stopped Alloa gaining on us but should have killed the game off instead of hoofing the ball upfield towards the end.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

When a team is 1-0 up (home or away) and with 10/20 minutes to go ...the tendency is to park the bus and kill time.Not a tactic I ever feel comfortable with but shouldnt be conflated with complacency.

But we weren't parking the bus. We were still hoofing it down the channel and attacking. Granted, that's not what led to the goal. But either way we need to figure out game management with a quickness.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived