Match Thread - Ayr vs Morton (Championship 29th December) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Ayr vs Morton (Championship 29th December)

Admin

2 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

It hadn't escaped my attention that Blues hasn't made a squad since Hopkin left. Maybe it's as simple as having an injury which the club haven't bothered to mention, but I do wonder if he's on his way in January.

Wouldn't be surprised or disappointed. There are better options than him in the squad. Lyons, Colville, Jacobs, mcalister, even Millar.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

It hadn't escaped my attention that Blues hasn't made a squad since Hopkin left. Maybe it's as simple as having an injury which the club haven't bothered to mention, but I do wonder if he's on his way in January.

Hopkin said in a pre-match interview that Blues had concussion and would miss that game, think it was Hearts, and players need at least two weeks weeks to recover.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:33 AM, Nornirontons said:

And that's why we all love a VT post.....sometimes there what we always think....sometimes maybe we should be thinking it before we are....and sometimes it's a total piss take.....but without VT  I certainly wouldn't have been as entertained that's for sure.

No more birthday card pish....just say its helps the alienated

What I'm saying is exactly what's been suggested...can I put it that Orsi as an Alexander type of Lilley...just needs wee bit more education. Not a player of any other standard but 1 we can keep and develop ourselves....a cult hero but ultimately 23-24 and your done unless you can actually produce your done...but lets have a bit of faith...and comparison with lilley.....he couldn't control his water if he was standing in front of a urinal with it in his hand when I saw him first play....Orsi can actually control a ball which in my book is a plus. 

Some of you might've been wetting your nappies back then to be fair but honestly Lilley was like Forest Gump when he first appeared...the boy could run..  and run fast as fuck 

wtf is this!?!?!

*insert signature here*

18 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

When Lilley broke into the first team there were guys on our bus who referred to him as a “lump o’ wood” - every week. Bearing in mind that this was in the 93-94 season when we were one of five teams relegated (due to reconstruction) and the team were a shambles pretty much every game. Given the career that he went on to have, it’s fair to say that at times, football fans know f**k all.

Apart from a short spell at Leeds United, his football career was pretty shite though.  He is a Medical Sales Rep nowadays.

*insert signature here*

More importantly, he relegated the spoon-burners from the top flight in 2001 with a double for Dundee United.

When Orsi does that then he can be mentioned in the same breath. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 1/1/2021 at 4:17 AM, TRVMP said:

He ran hot and cold but he was instrumental in winning Livingston the League Cup, back when they were paying decent money. 

On 1/1/2021 at 4:29 AM, vikingTON said:

More importantly, he relegated the spoon-burners from the top flight in 2001 with a double for Dundee United.

When Orsi does that then he can be mentioned in the same breath. 

Don't forget he also had his own 'Sprint Challenge' at the family fun day. He remains undefeated I believe.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived