Scottish Cup - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup

Boogs49

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In addition, the Club has been commended by the SFA for its transparency and openness in respect of its response to the Covid-19 situation and for observing the protocols as laid down by the relevant authorities." 

Well, that's good news for a change, at least. 

But see this shit with the website? Can they not get the headers sorted? 

Screenshot_20210107-114905_Brave.jpg

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

If the SFA think we have, that's good enough for me.

Or the SFA think we have done a good job of following the reporting protocols and Morton have read that as our lack of masks and social distancing has been textbook.

56 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

"In addition, the Club has been commended by the SFA for its transparency and openness in respect of its response to the Covid-19 situation and for observing the protocols as laid down by the relevant authorities." 

Well, that's good news for a change, at least. 

But see this shit with the website? Can they not get the headers sorted? 

Screenshot_20210107-114905_Brave.jpg

Fit for purpose!

8 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Covid outbreak during the busiest stage of the season. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Erm yes, because obviously GMFC should have taken their cue from all the other workplaces in Inverclyde such as Tesco that have stayed infection free in recent weeks. That's why the local authority infection rates are now higher than anywhere else in the country after all.

The reality is that there's no credible mechanism of preventing community transmission affecting Championship-level squads, who aren't actually being flown to Orlando to play out the rest of the league campaign in isolation. It was a farcical decision by the club's to start a season BCD in the first place and the entire folly needs canned now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The reality is that there's no credible mechanism of preventing community transmission affecting Championship-level squads, who aren't actually being flown to Orlando to play out the rest of the league campaign in isolation. It was a farcical decision by the club's to start a season BCD in the first place and the entire folly needs canned now.

We're not far off halfway through the season, so probably as well to try to finish it now it's under way, but we'll see if other teams get infected (have any of them reported cases so far?) and if it ends up with loads of games cancelled to the point the season is not viable, let's jut make sure we're not in the lowest two positions when they abandon it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

While there are no credible mechanisms to prevent community transmission affecting Morton's players and staff, it's plainly obvious that Morton's attitude towards the restrictions and guidelines have been somewhere between complacent and blatantly negligent. There have been dozens of breaches of the guidelines in our media output over the course of the season, if that's the content we are willfully displaying on social media, what exactly is going on behind closed doors? How many times have we spotted Dossier Dave swanning around on matchday streams and photographs without a mask on? I've been told that the temperature checker at the front door of Cappielow hasn't worked for weeks. 

Given what we've witnessed from the club, can we guarantee that entry times to the training ground, changing room and gym have been staggered? Can we guarantee players have avoided car sharing when travelling to training and matches? Can we guarantee suitable cleaning regimes have been undertaken at Cappielow given our CEO seems to claim he has 8361937827 different roles at the club?

The staff members tasked with ensuring Morton are COVID compliant do not deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

team christmas.png

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

While there are no credible mechanisms to prevent community transmission affecting Morton's players and staff, it's plainly obvious that Morton's attitude towards the restrictions and guidelines have been somewhere between complacent and blatantly negligent. There have been dozens of breaches of the guidelines in our media output over the course of the season, if that's the content we are willfully displaying on social media, what exactly is going on behind closed doors? How many times have we spotted Dossier Dave swanning around on matchday streams and photographs without a mask on? I've been told that the temperature checker at the front door of Cappielow hasn't worked for weeks. 

Given what we've witnessed from the club, can we guarantee that entry times to the training ground, changing room and gym have been staggered? Can we guarantee players have avoided car sharing when travelling to training and matches? Can we guarantee suitable cleaning regimes have been undertaken at Cappielow given our CEO seems to claim he has 8361937827 different roles at the club?

The staff members tasked with ensuring Morton are COVID compliant do not deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

team christmas.png

Dossier Dave. :lol: :lol:

*insert signature here*

10 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Erm yes, because obviously GMFC should have taken their cue from all the other workplaces in Inverclyde such as Tesco that have stayed infection free in recent weeks. That's why the local authority infection rates are now higher than anywhere else in the country after all.

Erm no, because apart from the first few weeks of the season, GMFC have been paying lip service to covid protocols as has been previously mentioned. With covid+ sweeping through the area, it was only a matter of time before it became an issue for the club.

Now we have the administrative headache of rearranging postponed fixtures in a shortened season, with players returning from isolation fatigued and lacking match fitness. I agree that the SPFL needs to look at putting the breaks on the season.

2 hours ago, RealTonKid said:

Erm no, because apart from the first few weeks of the season, GMFC have been paying lip service to covid protocols as has been previously mentioned. With covid+ sweeping through the area, it was only a matter of time before it became an issue for the club.

Now we have the administrative headache of rearranging postponed fixtures in a shortened season, with players returning from isolation fatigued and lacking match fitness. I agree that the SPFL needs to look at putting the breaks on the season.

The 'Covid protocols' are no more effective a barrier to transmission than the ones between staff in the Port Tesco. Without multiple tests per week and isolating the players and staff from everyone else in society* - including their family and any weans who have been traipsing along to a giant infection factory for months - then an outbreak is inevitable within any organisation. When it is in the community it is going to be within a football club as well, particularly given the sky-high rates in Inverclyde right now.

* and even this does not provide any guarantee against an outbreak

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

27 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

Wasn't there meant to be a pitch inspection this morning?

The SFA Twitter account have said today, and not specified what time.

10 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Fake news

Guess what colour of dot this post is going to get?

Archived