TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup

Boogs49

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Draw getting made tonight at 7.15

Some interesting teams through, Kelty Hearts at home anyone?

WHIT!?!

No Auchinleck Bampot this year?  I wonder who the BBC will salivate about until the Old Firm get going.

*insert signature here*

Watch as we get a Highland League team away in the year none of us can go.

The format they've brought in this season as a response to Covid is an improvement with the whole Championship entering in the same round and more opportunities for clubs below the SPFL to meet bigger teams, hope it continues.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Boring - Pars at home.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

BBC confirmed they are showing Dundee and Queens Park games this weekend.

While official club site still to return from the holidays we are now playing Sat at 3.00 and will have to sign up for the PPV service. Take it it will be the standard £14 unless this has to be agreed with Dunfermline so might only be £12.

Price might be decided by the SFA. It was a tenner for all league cup games IIRC.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I'm fully aware that I'm going to come across like that geeky nerd guy who used to be obsessed with the weather, but the forecasts are for subzero temperatures overnight right up to and including Friday night, with daytime temperatures only reaching around 2 or 3C. I'm naively assuming therefore the covers were put down today, otherwise the game may be at risk if the forecasts prove to be accurate. 

22 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

According to Met Office no frost forecast for Friday night and temperature up to 5C by lunch time on Saturday

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuw76w44#?date=2021-01-09

Weather.com still has it subzero on Friday night, and max 3C on Saturday. Time will tell I suppose.

image.png

I'd be surprised if this one beats the Greenock weather, if it does go ahead would definitely expect there to be a few changes. 

Was nice to see Fjørtoft starting and grabbing a goal on Saturday. Should the match get the green light, I hope he gets a crack at the Pars. 

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Good to see him back.  I was slightly worried that he was left out because he was one of the 6 players that Morton said they wanted to get rid of to reduce costs.  Although possibly that won't need to happen now that we have a £500k grant from the Scottish Government.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived