Match Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 19th December) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 19th December)

Admin

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

That’ll do nocely. Decent enough performance, Orsi aside I thought Lyon was brilliant and Muirhead put a right shift in. Good opportunity to get 3 wins on the spin too. 

We’re a point off 2nd :lol: 

2points now with that last min equaliser from Dunf. 

The important thing now though is we are 9 clear of Queens in 10th

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid and well deserved. 

McPake looked the standout player in the 1st half, but much quieter 2nd. Lyon and Strapp were good throughout and big McGinty was great. Orsi, you'd hope any striker would take the chances he did - but right place at the right time for 2 close range finishes. 

What a difference a week makes... from doom and gloom to sitting 3rd in the table with a home game to come on Boxing Day. 

I wouldn't imagine any changes to McElhone staying in the dugout, probably for the rest of the season. 

While you have to take into account the opposition and especially defending we were up against today, we've looked a much better team in the last two games. There's still an emphasis on defensive shitfesting, long balls and physical battles in our approach, but we actually have a plan for how to win games with it which was lacking under Hopkin. Lyon, McGinty, Strapp and Muirhead were all really good today as well as the obvious contribution from Orsi.

An eight point gap to 9th now and you can't really ask for much better this early in the season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

36 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

OOOOOOOOOF. If I was a Queens player I'd be on the verge of tears.

What a cross from Muirhead, that was delicious stuff. Nice wee header into the far post too. Absolutely delighted for Orsi too.

Cmon the Morton

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

12 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Great result. A bit of a gutter that both Alloa and Arbroath won, as defeats for them both would have been helpful.

Can't see any way that Queens will catch us now tbh.

Depends how you look at it, could view it as them taking points off our playoff rivals.

Glass half full and all that.  

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Wonder how much their squad is earning compared to ours? It's got to be at least three times more, surely?

Nah.

Both on £500,000 grant. Divide ours by 22 divide theirs by their squad size surely they don't have a squad of 66.

Saying that add a 6 and it's the devil's number ha! ha!

All that really matters is were in front.

8 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Nah.

Both on £500,000 grant. Divide ours by 22 divide theirs by their squad size surely they don't have a squad of 66.

Saying that add a 6 and it's the devil's number ha! ha!

All that really matters is were in front.

I have no idea what you're on about, but I'm talking about the wage bill of their playing staff. Nothing to do with the grant.

EOho8Pw.png

Felt that Queens were there for the beating - and we duly did. Not pretty but when you get points on the board I really don't care. Can't understate the save by McAdams just before our second - top class stuff.

Even more impressed that this fantastic group of players have somehow propelled us into 3rd place.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The traits that we have in spades with this team are an ability to hold out under reasonable pressure, stay in the game and then exploit the weaknesses in the opposition team. We've played Queen of the South, Arbroath and Alloa, have taken 7 points and haven't conceded a single goal in the process. It's not just luck and it's a credit to all of the first team staff and players that we're nicking everyone else's lunch money with ruthless efficiency this season. If we can maintain even half of that effectiveness in the final two thirds of the season then it's mission accomplished 

Inverness next week will be a much bigger test but the pressure is off for that one now.

Caley didnt exactly cover themselves in glory today.....beware of the 'bounce.'!

Reinstate Fjortoft please (no disrespect to our current defenders but we need this guy for the long haul.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

What a difference having a competent keeper makes. This squad has some amount of spirit.

I'd like another one please.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Can't understate the save by McAdams just before our second - top class stuff.

Which illustrates our need for a second keeper.....No disrespect to Jim (McAllister) but I dont want to witness him having tae take the keepers jersey because Aidan got crocked.

p.s. I'm surprised teams arent targeting our keeper (dirty stuff) in the full knowledge we only have one (1) keeper!

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

That’ll do nocely. Decent enough performance, Orsi aside I thought Lyon was brilliant and Muirhead put a right shift in. Good opportunity to get 3 wins on the spin too. 

We’re a point off 2nd :lol: 

Nocely?

Archived