Match Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 12th December) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 12th December)

Admin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hej said:

You seriously think someone got dropped because they posted an emoji on Twitter?

If we're putting two and two together to make six players to release, here's my conspiracy theory: Fjortoft is probably on alright money and is one of the six who Crawford wants to punt, and he won't be playing for us again.

This is absolutely a fact. There's no real evidence for it - but it is scientific fact.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, Hej said:

You seriously think someone got dropped because they posted an emoji on Twitter?

Obviously we don't know. But I reckon if he's posting angry emojis on twitter he's probably had something else to say in private. I can't think of a good reason to drop him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Just now, TRVMP said:

If we're putting two and two together to make six players to release, here's my conspiracy theory: Fjortoft is probably on alright money and is one of the six who Crawford wants to punt, and he won't be playing for us again.

This is absolutely a fact. There's no real evidence for it - but it is scientific fact.

That would add up with someone telling me Partick are after him today.

Just now, GiGi said:

Obviously we don't know. But I reckon if he's posting angry emojis on twitter he's probably had something else to say in private. I can't think of a good reason to drop him.

Oddly, all three of the regular CBs have been good this season. McGinty is selling the jerseys a hell of a lot less than he did at Thistle. McLean has rolled back the years a bit after looking completely done last season.

I'd start Fjortoft every week but it's not like he's that far ahead of the other two.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

The main thing I'm seeing here is that we're not playing Hoppyball.

Was talking to my brother there and we both agreed Dunfermline are giving us space to counter and it's been somewhat effective. I can see why they've put two up top - we mostly just defend and given that we're probably going to go bust soon the players might have had their heads down. But instead we're taking it to them a bit. We look a bit more expansive. McPake and even Orsi are running nicely with the ball, there's been a few decent square passes. Not saying we're Inter 2010 but the green shoots of recovery are popping up.

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Well it definitely sounds more plausible to me than Crawford taking an adverse reaction to an emoji.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Possibly, but anyone who's watched Morton anytime in the past 6 years should be used to strange team selections by now. Too early yet to be getting the pitchforks out over it.

22 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Fjortoft has more genes in common with a crab than with you and me.

Second half in Paisley aside, this has been our best performance of the season. Not doing much in possession, but rarely coughing up chances, not getting pinned back too badly and ruthlessly taking the one chance we got from a second ball from a long throw. Almost what you'd expect the stereotypical shitfesting David Hopkin team to do and rarely managed when he was in charge.

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

He's not a fence foal!

You must help us get that owner out of the club, he really is a shit.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

"Would you like this bewk?"
"What's it about?"
"It's aboot this football club, what used to be in the Premier League, right, but they weren't very good, so now they're not, they went down to League One and finished seventh, and they're on their way back up, right, but they'll never get back to paying Stevie Crawford eight grand a week, coz them days are over like, but they're bouncing back."

EOho8Pw.png

Archived