Match Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 12th December) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 12th December)

Admin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess a few players will feel like they’re playing for their futures, whether that’s staying with us or by attracting interest from elsewhere. A very welcome performance in any case.

Hopefully the saving made from Hopkin volunteering his resignation will mean we don’t have to strip the squad to the bare bones.

Brilliant result and we looked a lot better than in recent weeks. We played some really nice stuff that was enjoyable to watch.

We are all rightly behind this squad of boys, and will absolutely back them 100% but the powers at be can fuck right off at the earliest opportunity 👍🏻

...while leaving the keys and deeds to ground where they belong.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Just clocked we’ve got Queens next week. Real chance to get two wins in a row and put a bit of distance between them. 

They're the worst team in the division at the moment, lets sword them.

1 minute ago, so72 said:

They're the worst team in the division at the moment, lets sword them.

Can afford a manager though so who is worse?

agreed though, should be 3 points for us IF we stick to a game plan. 

Queens have got more quality than us going forward but are soft as shite through the middle of the park (Joe McKee, Gregor Buchanan). So far we've been able to stay in games and nick other team's lunch money but if we're not on the pace even slightly then we'll struggle next week.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Dobbie aside, I wouldn’t take any of their forward options over ours personally. 

They've scored significantly more goals than us and their front three of Dobbie, Fitzpatrick and Shields linked up well last week against Inverness, the issue was a lack of final ball rather than getting into dangerous areas. On another night they'd have scored a couple while still deserving to lose.

Their weaknesses run right through the middle of their defence and midfield instead. They cannot protect their defence from counter attacks or defend cross balls into the box to save themselves. This isn't a game to try and play wide open attacking football then: they will cough up enough chances to win two games at a time through their own incompetence if we just hit them on the break and get Strapp launching long throws into the box. 

Dobbie is not the player he was. Still got the ability but I think his legs are going. Think three of his goals this season are penalties.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 hours ago, vikingTON said:

They've scored significantly more goals than us and their front three of Dobbie, Fitzpatrick and Shields linked up well last week against Inverness, the issue was a lack of final ball rather than getting into dangerous areas. On another night they'd have scored a couple while still deserving to lose.

Their weaknesses run right through the middle of their defence and midfield instead. They cannot protect their defence from counter attacks or defend cross balls into the box to save themselves. This isn't a game to try and play wide open attacking football then: they will cough up enough chances to win two games at a time through their own incompetence if we just hit them on the break and get Strapp launching long throws into the box. 

As you say, they've scored 3 more in the league than us (6 vs 9) but conceded 9 more (11 vs 20). Keep it tight and hit them on the counter and we should be fine. They're soft as shit.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The goal that never was is a shocker of a decision. Great fighting response from the boys that confirmed we have more than enough to survive this season, in a footballing sense. Not seen an update but I hope Jacobs injury was not a serious as it first appeared, he has been a solid player this season who may not be the most creative but rarely can you fault his application.

Good technique from McAlister for the first goal as well. Hopefully after putting out all the fires a new regime will be able to organise a testimonial before his retirement. Consider all the circus scenes that he has now experienced at the club over nearly twenty years and gets on with the job every week like a complete professional, compared to a wee fanny like 'Rhegan' Tumilty who flaps his trap about how the wraps were shite and the kit brand wasn't good enough for him after barely a year in the door. 

I suspect that his first choice of opponents would be a predictable, decent money-spinner like a Rangers XI at Cappielow. We should convince him to let the club organise a homecoming, summer testimonial tournament in Rothesay instead. 

2 good finishes for our goals. 

Match officials need to be spoken to for that clanger. 

Muirhead offers nothing. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

29 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Good technique from McAlister for the first goal as well. Hopefully after putting out all the fires a new regime will be able to organise a testimonial before his retirement. Consider all the circus scenes that he has now experienced at the club over nearly twenty years and gets on with the job every week like a complete professional, compared to a wee fanny like 'Rhegan' Tumilty who flaps his trap about how the wraps were shite and the kit brand wasn't good enough for him after barely a year in the door. 

I suspect that his first choice of opponents would be a predictable, decent money-spinner like a Rangers XI at Cappielow. We should convince him to let the club organise a homecoming, summer testimonial tournament in Rothesay instead. 

Agreed. We should be pushing the boat out to get a Rangers XI down to Greenock. We should, ideally, get Nacho Novo involved, a great servant for both proud clubs.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

This is weird from the assistant. I know he won’t be used to doing media, but talking about the players being on pennies AND Hopkin having to sacrifice himself is...a look. 

How bad has it actually gotten? 

7937A05A-FDE1-4A0E-83B8-4C67A9DC622F.jpeg

Where's this from? Interested to read the whole article.

Archived