Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, piehutt said:

Another shambolic day in the recent history of Morton. 

Hopkin is a big miss for us imo. Ok, so the football wasn't great, but realistically he was the best manager we could get. He was pragmatic in playing style and would have gotten enough results with a threadbare squad and low budget. 

Based on what exactly? Get this “the best Morton could get” attitude in the bin. We are not Ayr United. 

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'd be surprised if he left without a penny. That's pretty unusual.

Do you have the same right to a payoff if you leave of your own volition? Without knowing anything about law, I can't understand how you would automatically be entitled to that unless it was a Keegan-esque constructive dismissal case.

1 minute ago, Hej said:

Do you have the same right to a payoff if you leave of your own volition? Without knowing anything about law, I can't understand how you would automatically be entitled to that unless it was a Keegan-esque constructive dismissal case.

I know that in England it's pretty much the "done thing". Unless you're jumping ship for a new job there's normally a gentlemen's agreement for at least a modest payoff. Not sure about Scotland, in fairness.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

I know that in England it's pretty much the "done thing". Unless you're jumping ship for a new job there's normally a gentlemen's agreement for at least a modest payoff. Not sure about Scotland, in fairness.

Aye thats if people are trying to save face normally. If Hoppy has quit then he forfeits his right to payment surely.

MCT director appointed to the board, Hopkin then falls out with the board and fucks off.

The club is going to be left in some state if this takeover actually goes ahead.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

MCT director appointed to the board, Hopkin then falls out with the board and fucks off.

The club is going to be left in some state if this takeover actually goes ahead.

While it would be some laugh if the new director came in and immediately fell out with Hoppy, that's probably not a fair assumption to make.

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, that's the case in Scotland too. DDF mentioned it in those terms - a generally applicable unwritten rule - at one point when discussing why McInally received a payment when he resigned.

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, it's definitely the done thing that clubs will come to an agreement to pay up some amount of the contract of a manager who resigns.

The question here of course is why he's resigned; that convention applies when a manager is standing down due to poor performance, if he's trying to work his ticket to Livingston or has otherwise behaved unreasonably then I don't see why we would pay his contract up. We'll have to wait for this to come out in the wash.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Regardless of what’s happened, I fully expect (and have suspected this would happen for some time) that Hopkin will do the rounds of the radio shows telling everybody how difficult it is at Morton and how he done an exceptional job, actually. 

This is definitely happening. I'm sure Off The Ball are on the phone right now for Saturday.

6 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

This is definitely happening. I'm sure Off The Ball are on the phone right now for Saturday.

Whilst it obviously won’t happen and isn’t the done thing, it would be somewhat refreshing if the club were to come out fighting in response if/when Hopkin starts his pish. He can make as many excuses as he wants but none of them mitigate the fact that he’s been rotten on pretty much every front.

AWMSC

Archived