Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

As much as Hopkin's style of play was unappealing you cannot fault the man for what he has done quietly in the background to keep the club going. I would love to know what was the real reason that made him walk away. I also cannot imagine how difficult it must be for all staff and players at GMFC to keep going, it really puts into perspective the effort to achieve the result against Dunfermline at the weekend.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t blame Hoppy for wrapping it, if he’s having to pay players out of his own back pocket. The recent stories that have come to light about the Raes really have painted them in a different light for me. It sounds like a complete shambles behind the scenes, and has been for some time now.

The worst part about all this is that nobody could speak up against the Rae family & I did in a letter & was told basically it's My club I can do what I like with it if You don't like it don't come back... & if You do don't booooooo & bring a friend...

Not all that surprising Hoppy funding signings. Shouted enough about no budget then ushered in another truckload of forwards. He thanked MCT for some, a director for another then funded some himself.

Shocking state of affairs. More mismanagement on the Raes' watch.

Why are MCT putting in money at all instead of stockpiling it for post-takeover?

If Hopkin was funding signings/wages to a significant degree then Hopkin falling on his sword to save the club money doesn't make sense because now GMFC would be making those commitments. I'm taking McElhone's story with a fair pinch of salt then, not least because he was clearly close to Hopkin professionally as well. I can well believe that players might have been promised expenses/bonuses that the board welched on and Hopkin then chose to honour by himself though, which is not entirely the same thing.

Regardless of the specifics of the story the club is clearly a fucking bin fire though and the idea that we should give any extra money to bail out these shysters is even more risible. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Not all that surprising Hoppy funding signings. Shouted enough about no budget then ushered in another truckload of forwards. He thanked MCT for some, a director for another then funded some himself.

Shocking state of affairs. More mismanagement on the Raes' watch.

Why are MCT putting in money at all instead of stockpiling it for post-takeover?

I'd say it's in MCT's interests to continue to deliver their side of the deal. Just because the clown owners are welching on their commitments doesn't make it right or sensible to do so as well. If the concept of fan ownership is to work then it needs to show that the funders/directors won't just walk away halfway through. Not so much to the Raes but to any future partners.

New funding to make up for their ridiculously mismanaged business model for the season is an entirely different story. I'd be happy to contribute to a fighting fund - and they should go down the online crowdfunding route as well - so long as the funds were kept firmly under MCT's control and members had the right to vote on which terms it is invested in GMFC, to the greatest extent of transparency possible. GMFC on the other hand have not received a single penny from me this season and that won't change now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm trying to understand what basis this seasons 'budget' was decided on. Are we to believe that the board hoped that some money was miraculously going to be found after 2 months of the season, during a pandemic with zero guarantee of attendance.

If we've kicked off a season with no realistic means of getting through it then that says a huge amount about the current owners and calls into question just how meaningful their negotiations have been with MCT.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case and that the Tele have not heard the full story but ...........

31 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

I'm trying to understand what basis this seasons 'budget' was decided on. Are we to believe that the board hoped that some money was miraculously going to be found after 2 months of the season, during a pandemic with zero guarantee of attendance.

If we've kicked off a season with no realistic means of getting through it then that says a huge amount about the current owners and calls into question just how meaningful their negotiations have been with MCT.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case and that the Tele have not heard the full story but ...........

If we're so grossly exposed to financial peril here, you can only assume they made the budget based either on fans being back in grounds by now or money coming from elsewhere, with no contingency plan whatsoever for the entirely foreseeable situation that has actually come to pass.

On this note the Daily Record have just reported that several Championship clubs are in serious danger of being unable to pay wages this month.

Golden Casket need to just fuck off, now. They've put the club in this position, get out and let those of us who haven't spent 20 years killing it do what we can to save it. The greatest threat to our existence is their continued presence in the club.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Golden Casket need to just fuck off, now. 

S03E07-YzTc4qUc-subtitled.jpg

S03E07-6dZEofVz-subtitled.jpg

The sad thing is, there will probably still be players cut in January.

As  for the Easdales:  being the "efficient" business people that they are, they are most likely sitting in the background waiting for the whole thing to go down the tubes.

• 2 months later...

Maybe he's a great coach or a great man-manager or a great source of inspiration or something, because there's no indication that he knows what a suitable recruit is, nor that he understands the colors and shapes he's watching on the pitch.

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Looks like Timmins could be joining Ayr as Assistant Manager.

Let's hope so. I'm sure he'll still have Ramsbottoms' number in his extensive list of quality contacts.

Archived