Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is fucking embarrassing. What a nick that is Crawford.

He will be raging that’s came out but that Tele article tells us everything we need to know about how this club is being run and how much he’s willing the put in. 

Do you want us to pay for their fucking lunches aswell as their wages? Don’t worry MCT will cover everything.

Lost for words. Absolute fucking shambles. We are such an embarrassment of a club. Crawford Rae should never darken Cappielow's door again. 

As for Hopkin - if all of this is true then his place as a club legend can't be disputed. Poor signings aside, if he is topping up wages then he is partly responsible for us still having a team to support. 

Given that Morton has been a fairly expensive club to support in recent times for very little in return (£300 season tickets, MCT contributions, over-priced merch, two new strips this year, just for starters)...where the fuck is all this money going?

And if Hopkin was paying from his own pocket, why was he insisting on signing so many shite players? My sympathy for him, if this is true, would be somewhat limited if his contribution was just so we could have luminaries such as Muirhead, Omar, Wallace et al. So little of what we’re being told just doesn’t add up, but McElhone should be out the door for spouting this shite in public at this stage.

AWMSC

How long has this been happening? If things have been at this stage for weeks or months and the situation is genuinely that drastic, why have we only found out last week as the revelation was forced by the manager walking out? Was Crawford planning to keep it to himself? If the situation is that desperate and they urgently need money to get through the next few months, why wouldn’t they say something sooner?

At this point you'd think we'd be doing Golden Casket a favour by letting them walk away for nothing, with nothing, and passing this burden to someone else rather than them doing us a favour by oh so kindly writing off the debt 'owed' to them after two decades of incompetence and taking the assets with them.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

As much as it makes for very grim and indeed embarrassing reading, should the assistant manager really be coming out and saying this sort of thing?

Yes. I think this is the absolutely perfect time to blow the whistle. If Hopkin was still here then it would be inappropriate, but the fact that he's basically been chased out of the club even though he was doing all this... I mean, McElhone should be on the main road with a bullhorn, shouting it to the heavens. 

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

How long has this been happening? If things have been at this stage for weeks or months and the situation is genuinely that drastic, why have we only found out last week as the revelation was forced by the manager walking out? Was Crawford planning to keep it to himself? If the situation is that desperate and they urgently need money to get through the next few months, why wouldn’t they say something sooner?

At this point you'd think we'd be doing Golden Casket a favour by letting them walk away for nothing, with nothing, and passing this burden to someone else rather than them doing us a favour by oh so kindly writing off the debt 'owed' to them after two decades of incompetence and taking the assets with them.

The guys who - if this article is true - are relying on their manager to personally feed the players are also the ones who are going to safeguard the club's only asset. It's absurd on its face and if we read about it happening to any club except Morton, we'd have the grim reaper memes out.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived