Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

2 minutes ago, hayfever said:

Just the mentions above (and on Facebook from someone with history of getting these things right) that he was told to get rid of six players in January and couldn't bring anyone in so he walked instead.

Ah right. Cheers

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally have gotten myself a new handle and account for the forum. For some reason years back, I could not get signed in and it was easier to sit back and read all the negative rubbish about ownership, managers, players, kit man, this coach, that problem....honestly if this forum was about sticking the boot in, complaining, back-stabbing and demoralising the folk in question, you lot would be top of the premier league, going for eleven in a row, have won back to back champions leagues and made millions into the bargain.  

I could go on all day about the entitled sh*t* that is written on here......its and absolute joke to think that Morton should be above and beyond general profit and loss, sucess and failure. How in anyones right mind can you figure, that a loss making business should continue to risk the entire business and the livelyhoods of many others on a failing and outdated model. 

You must be having a laugh just because you throw in a few quid each week, that you can say what the hell you like about anything and anyone.....as a Morton fan its worse to read the sh*t* on here than it is to watch some of the poor teams and players that I have witnessed over many, many years. I'm not living in the town or country, but have watched my fair share of bad Morton teams as well as a number of poor Morton players.

Here's the thing, we have had a number of mangers over the recent years, and I don't recall much if any dissention at the appointments. As soon as its starts getting a wee bit tough, all the boot boys have been just waiting for their moment and so it starts again.......why anybody would want the Morton job or even want to play for them is beyond me. Lets be clear, just because you put a few quid in every now and again, does not give anyone the right to rip the pish out of anyone, associated with the club.

In all my years of watching and reading this forum, NEVER once have I read an article, which puts forward a suggestion for improvements, with a self-supporting plan to underpin the suggestion. This forum is frankly wee boys stuff, he said/she said crap. Anybody can sit on their computer and say, this is crap, he's pish, Crawford's that....that's the wee boys stuff I'm talking about. To be an business owner and particularly a football club owner, it takes a lot of balls to succeed. In football the risks are enormous and the rewards are minor, which make the risk, simply not worth the reward.

Which lead to my question and a reality check for everyone...who here is willing to risk their home, car, wealth, family and bet on Morton being sucessful, and when they are you'll get virtaully nothing back on everything you spent. Aye, it's you who will be left homeless and penniless. Nobody in their right mind would do it, so WTF should we expect Crawford Rae to do so? Wake up everyone, owning a football team is a way to loose your wealth, mind and happiness. Even more so when you have to deal with the sh*t% written on here. 

Does anybody recall the guy who bought into Livi? He won over 10 Million on the lottery and blew it all on Livi. Not a penny left and he's back working as a nurse. There's yir proof, what more do you need.......

TBH, I'm amazed Morton has lasted as long as it has. Despite what you may thing of the present ownership, if it was not for the Rae family, you all would be doing something else with your time. That may not necessarily be a bad thing, but I have a feeling it soon will be an option you will all have.

The harsh reality of DH leaving his position, is that he has been backed to a certain extent and has now been informed that it is no longer sustainable. Rather than getting rid of the players needed to keep the business afloat and support the remaining employees, he has decided he CANNOT make a decision which is the right one for the business. As I note above, it takes a lot of balls to make harsh business decisions, which will affect a few, but will provide a safety net for the remaining. DH, is abviously not a business leader, which obviously does not bode well as a manger, because his decisions need to be totally selfish and be what's best for the team.

On the back of DH leaving, what do we get....usual sh*t*, mis-management, Crawford this, McKinnon that, blah, blah and blah. Not one positive note in support of anything achieved or improved. The fact that Morton is still in business should be be a positive to all associated and all who want to be future associated with the club. People leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons and all the time. DH leaving should be seen as no different and viewed as another beginning.....although if we are honest, there has been too many new beginnings, but as a business minded person, I don't think its from the lack of trying or wish to be sucessful.

Managers have been hired and players have been signed, CR has put his money and faith in the manager and relies on him to bring in the players to build a sucessful team with the budget given to him. I don't think there is one manager who has been appointed and said from the outset "I cannot work with the budget and therefore I cannot give you the sucess your looking for". In fact I'm guessing every single person inteviewed for the mangers job, has said the opposite, DH included.  

Now it's my turn for a sh*t*fest of negativity........which brings me back to where it all started and the reason for this post.

12 minutes ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Finally have gotten myself a new handle and account for the forum. For some reason years back, I could not get signed in and it was easier to sit back and read all the negative rubbish about ownership, managers, players, kit man, this coach, that problem....honestly if this forum was about sticking the boot in, complaining, back-stabbing and demoralising the folk in question, you lot would be top of the premier league, going for eleven in a row, have won back to back champions leagues and made millions into the bargain.  

I could go on all day about the entitled sh*t* that is written on here......its and absolute joke to think that Morton should be above and beyond general profit and loss, sucess and failure. How in anyones right mind can you figure, that a loss making business should continue to risk the entire business and the livelyhoods of many others on a failing and outdated model. 

You must be having a laugh just because you throw in a few quid each week, that you can say what the hell you like about anything and anyone.....as a Morton fan its worse to read the sh*t* on here than it is to watch some of the poor teams and players that I have witnessed over many, many years. I'm not living in the town or country, but have watched my fair share of bad Morton teams as well as a number of poor Morton players.

Here's the thing, we have had a number of mangers over the recent years, and I don't recall much if any dissention at the appointments. As soon as its starts getting a wee bit tough, all the boot boys have been just waiting for their moment and so it starts again.......why anybody would want the Morton job or even want to play for them is beyond me. Lets be clear, just because you put a few quid in every now and again, does not give anyone the right to rip the pish out of anyone, associated with the club.

In all my years of watching and reading this forum, NEVER once have I read an article, which puts forward a suggestion for improvements, with a self-supporting plan to underpin the suggestion. This forum is frankly wee boys stuff, he said/she said crap. Anybody can sit on their computer and say, this is crap, he's pish, Crawford's that....that's the wee boys stuff I'm talking about. To be an business owner and particularly a football club owner, it takes a lot of balls to succeed. In football the risks are enormous and the rewards are minor, which make the risk, simply not worth the reward.

Which lead to my question and a reality check for everyone...who here is willing to risk their home, car, wealth, family and bet on Morton being sucessful, and when they are you'll get virtaully nothing back on everything you spent. Aye, it's you who will be left homeless and penniless. Nobody in their right mind would do it, so WTF should we expect Crawford Rae to do so? Wake up everyone, owning a football team is a way to loose your wealth, mind and happiness. Even more so when you have to deal with the sh*t% written on here. 

Does anybody recall the guy who bought into Livi? He won over 10 Million on the lottery and blew it all on Livi. Not a penny left and he's back working as a nurse. There's yir proof, what more do you need.......

TBH, I'm amazed Morton has lasted as long as it has. Despite what you may thing of the present ownership, if it was not for the Rae family, you all would be doing something else with your time. That may not necessarily be a bad thing, but I have a feeling it soon will be an option you will all have.

The harsh reality of DH leaving his position, is that he has been backed to a certain extent and has now been informed that it is no longer sustainable. Rather than getting rid of the players needed to keep the business afloat and support the remaining employees, he has decided he CANNOT make a decision which is the right one for the business. As I note above, it takes a lot of balls to make harsh business decisions, which will affect a few, but will provide a safety net for the remaining. DH, is abviously not a business leader, which obviously does not bode well as a manger, because his decisions need to be totally selfish and be what's best for the team.

On the back of DH leaving, what do we get....usual sh*t*, mis-management, Crawford this, McKinnon that, blah, blah and blah. Not one positive note in support of anything achieved or improved. The fact that Morton is still in business should be be a positive to all associated and all who want to be future associated with the club. People leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons and all the time. DH leaving should be seen as no different and viewed as another beginning.....although if we are honest, there has been too many new beginnings, but as a business minded person, I don't think its from the lack of trying or wish to be sucessful.

Managers have been hired and players have been signed, CR has put his money and faith in the manager and relies on him to bring in the players to build a sucessful team with the budget given to him. I don't think there is one manager who has been appointed and said from the outset "I cannot work with the budget and therefore I cannot give you the sucess your looking for". In fact I'm guessing every single person inteviewed for the mangers job, has said the opposite, DH included.  

Now it's my turn for a sh*t*fest of negativity........which brings me back to where it all started and the reason for this post.

*waves to Crawford*

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I'm a wee bit surprised it's back to being our fault that the board allowed the manager to sign 22 players (with our money btw since Crawford/GC isn't willing to chip in), only one of which a goalkeeper, for a 3/4 season in a bin-fire economy during a pandemic, meaning now we have no money tbh.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

58 minutes ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Morton is a limited company. Absolutely nothing at Morton is backed with a single asset belonging to the legal person of Crawford Rae. You know this full well.

32 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I'm a wee bit surprised it's back to being our fault that the board allowed the manager to sign 22 players (with our money btw since Crawford/GC isn't willing to chip in), only one of which a goalkeeper, for a 3/4 season in a bin-fire economy during a pandemic, meaning now we have no money tbh.

I'm not. The Raes are absolute scum, the entire clan. "WhowouldbeaMortonfan", feel free to tell them I said that when you're sniveling to them.

EOho8Pw.png

That's a belter even by this forums standards.

I suppose it's the fans fault that our club is a running joke amongst players in Scottish football thanks to how it's run. 

I suppose it's the fans fault that our last three managers have walked out on us in humiliating circumstances due to refusing to work under conditions set by our glorious leader, and it's worth noting that if the Alexander Easdale scenario was true then in every single one of those instances Crawford Rae swiped away previously agreed conditions from under those managers feet that left them with no choice but to leave. It's absolute snake behaviour and fool us once with Ray Mckinnon, shame on you but fool us twice more with JJ and Hopkin then it's shame on us.

I've supported him in the past, I've defended him in the past but I won't any longer. Crawford Rae is killing our club, piece by piece, year on year. He's killing us financially, but potentially even worse he's going to kill this club due to years of shambolic and embarrassing management leading to complete apathy amongst even the diehards that keep this club alive through thick and thin at a time its needed most with fan ownership on the horizon. Even Hugh Scott didn't take our passion while trying to destroy us. 

I'm under no illusions running a football club is difficult, especially in the Scottish lower leagues but there is not a chance in hell that I will sit here and be gaslit that I'm to blame and that I should be grateful to Crawford Rae for running the club I support in to the ground while I put more money in to the club on a monthly basis than he does. How's that for "entitlement". 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Incidentally, several of us (myself included) were saying back in the pre-season that the club needed to stop letting Hoppy sign so many attackers. Look it up, you'll find it. Shame that selfless genius Crawford couldn't fucking figure that one out, the tosser.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Woke up to do a pish and now I won't be able to get back to sleep from laughing. At First I thought it was MacKinnon on a bender again like when he banned the Morton fans on twitter. However, since his name is mispelled I'll have to guess it's Rae himself since Dave surely isn't that stupid.

6 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Incidentally, several of us (myself included) were saying back in the pre-season that the club needed to stop letting Hoppy sign so many attackers. Look it up, you'll find it. Shame that selfless genius Crawford couldn't fucking figure that one out, the tosser.

Not sure how much it says for anyone involved but this forum could run the club better than they have. That's 3 managers in a row left in the most shambolic circumstances.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

I'm under no illusions running a football club is difficult, especially in the Scottish lower leagues but there is not a chance in hell that I will sit here and be gaslit that I'm to blame and that I should be grateful to Crawford Rae for running the club I support in to the ground while I put more money in to the club on a monthly basis than he does. How's that for "entitlement". 

Come on forum members...it's just like I wrote, not one person acknowledged any of the points made. As I pointed out, most seem intent in contradicting any opinion, while sitting in the background and not offering anything that will improve past, current and future situations.

Ten out of ten for smart arsed comments and general dogs abuse though. I'll be expecting more to come.

Now back to case in point; does anyone have a business minded new approach or new suggestion to help take Morton forward and secure the future? 

Possibly formulated a business plan, developed a cash flow forecast, developed a P&L account, accounted for business rates, insurance, running costs, wages, kit.....do you get the picture? Taken your plan to the board or MCT and shown how wonderful you are, turning sh*t* into gold?

Naw, I didn't think. 

I'm not out to create forum war, but it's simple economics, which most of the forum members don't or refuse to acknowledge. Without cash flow, we have nothing....cash  is king and I hate to say it, despite the best intentions of MCT I feel it may not be enough. Which comes back to what I noted in my post, what are you prepared to do, how much of your wages are you willing to commit? Tough question and I appreciate that, but why should we expect CR to do it, when "we" the supporters are not.

People are in business to make money and if its not working they stop. This is what CR is doing, despite cutting everything to the bare bone, we still can't make ends meet. Say what you like about  the current form of the team, bottom line the club is loosing money week in week out, and no sane person would commit to doing the same thing over and over, and expect a different outcome....

FYI, I'm not CR in disguise, I have never met him, although I did meet  the late DR and his wife a number of times and found them to be very nice folk. I am known to a few on this forum and I hope they would vouch that I'm not some kind of numptie. I do live in the US, hence why my post is late or early whatever way you look at it. I'm also generally too busy to get involved in the usual forum stuff, but I've been a wee bit slow this last few days and thought, why not give my opinion.

Would love to keep this going, but only if we focus on solutions not problems. Everyone knows what the problems are, the hard part is finding the solution, implementing with the resources available, in a timely manner and without interuption to the business.  

The business plan and cash flow forecast are expressly the job of the people running the fucking club.

Pretty much all of their ideas for generating revenue have been either 1) shite 2) late or 3) lifted out of this forum.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Come on forum members...it's just like I wrote, not one person acknowledged any of the points made. As I pointed out, most seem intent in contradicting any opinion, while sitting in the background and not offering anything that will improve past, current and future situations.

Which comes back to what I noted in my post, what are you prepared to do, how much of your wages are you willing to commit? Tough question and I appreciate that, but why should we expect CR to do it, when "we" the supporters are not.

If you're going to tell such barefaced lies, it's maybe sensible not to do it on the same page as posts which prove you are a liar. Several posts have directly addressed your points; you're choosing to ignore them because you don't have a counter argument.

Anyone paying a mere tenner a month to.MCT is committing more to the club than Crawford Rae is for less in return - MCT members aren't the ones running off into the night with the deeds to a piece of land valued in the millions in a big bag marked 'SWAG'.

Yes, if the situation is unsustainable it is of course right to try to remedy that by either cutting costs, increasing revenue or a combination of the two. The situation being so dire, we have to ask how the board let it get this far in the first place. Contrary to your posts, several fans were asking in pre-season why we had such a bloated squad with 22 first team players, along with 10 youngsters signed up despite not being ready to contribute to the first team, while also expressing concerns about whether the board had appreciated the severity of the situation and was doing enough to raise revenue.

While other clubs were constantly fundraising through the months of lockdown, we had silence from Cappielow with MCT being the only party putting the effort in. Were the board even meeting regularly to plan the way ahead, forecast the financial impact of various scenarios and make contingencies for the worst cases throughout those months? You'd have assumed they obviously were frequently, but as we're now in this position you have to ask just how negligent they've been.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Ten out of ten for smart arsed comments and general dogs abuse though. I'll be expecting more to come.

Now back to case in point; does anyone have a business minded new approach or new suggestion to help take Morton forward and secure the future? 

Possibly formulated a business plan, developed a cash flow forecast, developed a P&L account, accounted for business rates, insurance, running costs, wages, kit.....do you get the picture? Taken your plan to the board or MCT and shown how wonderful you are, turning sh*t* into gold?

Naw, I didn't think. 

I'm not out to create forum war, but it's simple economics, which most of the forum members don't or refuse to acknowledge. Without cash flow, we have nothing....cash  is king and I hate to say it, despite the best intentions of MCT I feel it may not be enough. Which comes back to what I noted in my post, what are you prepared to do, how much of your wages are you willing to commit? Tough question and I appreciate that, but why should we expect CR to do it, when "we" the supporters are not.

People are in business to make money and if its not working they stop. This is what CR is doing, despite cutting everything to the bare bone, we still can't make ends meet. Say what you like about  the current form of the team, bottom line the club is loosing money week in week out, and no sane person would commit to doing the same thing over and over, and expect a different outcome....

FYI, I'm not CR in disguise, I have never met him, although I did meet  the late DR and his wife a number of times and found them to be very nice folk. I am known to a few on this forum and I hope they would vouch that I'm not some kind of numptie. I do live in the US, hence why my post is late or early whatever way you look at it. I'm also generally too busy to get involved in the usual forum stuff, but I've been a wee bit slow this last few days and thought, why not give my opinion.

Would love to keep this going, but only if we focus on solutions not problems. Everyone knows what the problems are, the hard part is finding the solution, implementing with the resources available, in a timely manner and without interuption to the business.  

We didn't cut the squad back to the 'bare bone.' That has been a consistent point that fans have made. Criticism is only fair, in that regard, when we're now presented with the option between a manager or several players a few weeks into the season when many of us questioned how we could afford to sign these players in the first place. 

3 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

Naw, I didn't think. 

Everything you've said so far-- is it all opinions or do you have a source close to the club? I'm guessing we'll never know but what I will say, is your talking absolute shite especially with this whole 'self entitled' patter. As soon as you started bleating about that I decided you can get yourself to fuck. It's not self entitlement at all. Many of us have invested our time, energy and our own hard earned cash into this club. It's not unreasonable to ask for honesty and transparency and we are also entitled to our views and opinions. The vast majority being that Crawford Rae and his family now need to leave the club now. They are killing our club. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

“A new suggestion for taking Morton forward?” 

Consistently incapable and embarrassing has been the order of the day for too long so probably just fucking off would be the best suggestion for taking us forward. The whole keeping Cappielow and renting back to us needs addressed ASAP! Really hope MCT are all over this situation. Alarm bells ringing louder than before.

Get us back into games FFS! Players have absolutely got my backing, and I hope the football picks up but let’s just get this change of ownership sorted as quickly as possible. 

Archived