Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

It's not as if we weren't all asking how we could afford to sign so many forwards and wingers, giving Millar a new deal just to help with warm ups, etc. It doesn't matter if some might not be on very much, we didn't build the squad wisely or look after the budget very well. We have several players we don't need while being short in a couple of key areas. We could be half a dozen players lighter and still have built a more balanced squad (we could dump at least 6 or 7 right now and not really miss them). 

Now we're stuck with the over-bloated, unbalanced squad with no manager. At best this is terrible planning (if it's not covering up something else). 

It's a mess, whatever it is. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Malt said:

Rae has balls to think he walks away debt free and removing the clubs largest and main asset for his own financial gain. 

No honour, no commitment and no clue. 

RAE OUT!!!!!

To be fair, he said he'd leave the club debt free. Can't see how anyone would leave a club and have a debt to pay. 

Rae has said a lot over the years and none of which came to fruition or to the benefit of the club. I do not believe a single word he says. 

Administration looks inevitable if you ask me. Apparently the players are on flexible furlough so I dread to think how we are going to manage the situation when the furlough scheme ends.

Remember he knocked back someone buying the club...more lies if you ask me. 

RAE OUT. 

So if Hopkin's wage is saving the club money, and apparently the goalkeeping coach is away as well, then it's McElhone supported by the players in charge for the foreseeable future then?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

1 minute ago, hayfever said:

So if Hopkin's wage is saving the club money, and apparently the goalkeeping coach is away as well, then it's McElhone supported by the players in charge for the foreseeable future then?

Moving forward, Assistant Manager, Anton McElhone, will take over as Interim Manager, with support from players, Chris Millar, Jim McAlister and Brian McLean.

Can see the Raes leaving us in a worse state than we were in when they took over. They have run the club into the ground with years of mismanagement and poor decision making,then plan on keeping our only asset as reward for failure. Sick and tired of supporting this shit. They will not receive another penny until they come out with the truth.We are a total embarrassment on all levels.

Hope mct have a statement out first thing in morning or they can do 1 as well. 

Can we still afford the chickpea stew for the players or are the boys taking a turn of a Greggs run in the morning?

Just now, macca937 said:

Can see the Raes leaving us in a worse state than we were in when they took over. They have run the club into the ground with years of mismanagement and poor decision making,then plan on keeping our only asset as reward for failure. Sick and tired of supporting this shit. They will not receive another penny until they come out with the truth.We are a total embarrassment on all levels.

Hope mct have a statement out first thing in morning or they can do 1 as well. 

Bang on. They have ripped the heart out the club, ran up astronomical debts which have resulted in them taking the ground away from the club and leaving us all but a name for new owners. 

Disgusting. 

The stadium thing needs to be considered a three-alarm fire now. They're not willing to fund the position of fucking manager. But they're going to own this crumbling edifice and help out the local footy team with a peppercorn rent?

Under the current plan, the best case scenario is that through some vestigal sense of duty, Crawford somehow steers GC to respect the Cappielow deal for as long as he's in charge. But the second he pops his clogs the larval Raes will be looting anything that isn't nailed down. There's no way that Morton continue to play at Cappielow into the long-term under the current MCT plan, none whatsoever. Signing away the ground means an indeterminate date of eviction.

EOho8Pw.png

9 minutes ago, hayfever said:

I guess my point was if we can't afford a manager now, don't expect a replacement later...

But it now appears (as if it's a surprise) that the statement wasn't the slightest bit true anyway... 

2 minutes ago, hayfever said:

But it now appears (as if it's a surprise) that the statement wasn't the slightest bit true anyway... 

Has more news came out since the statement? Been working so only been seeing this intermittingly. 

11 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Apparently Hoppy was tasked with getting 6 out in January and get no one in 

It might have been difficult for Hoppy to move players on but it wouldn't be difficult for any of us to pick six players that we wouldn't miss is they weren't there. We'd still be short in a position or two, but at least we wouldn't have so many forwards who cannot score goals anyway. 

This is a mess of our own making. 

Just now, so72 said:

Has more news came out since the statement? Been working so only been seeing this intermittingly. 

Just the mentions above (and on Facebook from someone with history of getting these things right) that he was told to get rid of six players in January and couldn't bring anyone in so he walked instead.

Archived