Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

The club is in a criticaL condition and Crawford Rae should hand the club and OUR STADIUM over to the trust or any capable individual or group who know how to run a business efficiently. 

The Rae family have killed the club through the lack of business acumen and common sense. 

Surely we could have asked the manager and players to take a wage reduction or are they not on flexible furlough?

Absolute disaster and good luck to the complete idiot in charge with attracting fans back post COVID. 

RAE OUT, NOW!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

My fucking word. We have had more than our fair share of minter statements over the years but just wow.

Begging for stream purchases when you have let the manager go and put novices in charge, have a word.

No wage deferral, no cut, just a straight out bye bye to the manager?

If the finances were so tight (we know they are) why have you done fuck all about it other than appeal to the fans to dig deep again?

It's December. Not an ounce of marketing merchandise for Christmas, multi game packages or half season tickets.

You want income? Fucking do something to earn it. In fact, don't. Just do one. Now.

I've bought all streams this season except one and I've enjoyed them greatly, but I'm not giving the club another penny until Rae is gone.

EOho8Pw.png

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

But at the same time, every job in management has far more applicants than can even be interviewed, dozens and dozens of them.

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The vast majority of which are going to have no credibility in management or coaching though. Even by the current regime's woeful track record the chances of us unearthing the next Nagelsmann or even a fucking Jack Ross are vanishingly small.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the case, today's events have made us likely candidates for relegation in my book.

I thought you might be overreacting but - not for the first time in Morton's case - truth is stranger than fiction.

The one single positive about the current Morton job is that it is the definition of thankless, meaning low pressure.

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I've bought all streams this season except one and I've enjoyed them greatly, but I'm not giving the club another penny until Rae is gone.

Think a lot of people will be the same. If that turns out to be the case and we're losing even more money then it will be interesting to see what happens with MCT.

They've said all along they'd be taking over a debt free club but who's going to pay for things for the rest of the season?Can't imagine Rae or GC will. 

That is an absolute embarrassment of a statement. Get yerself to fuck Morton.

Despite all this pish, hopefully we see some form of actual football now he’s away that is somewhat entertaining. It’s rubbish it hasn’t worked out as we all had high hopes in the beginning but the football on show has been terrible.

Is it a bit strange his number 2 stays on here and the Livi job is still available with his old number 2 still in place through there?

The only thing that would make me even consider giving this board any more money from streaming is if they came out and told us the real story rather than that birthday card pish. 

Bad enough that we have to put our hands in our pockets with MCT, streaming and merchandise to fund this club from top to bottom to the point we can't afford a fucking manager because no one else is putting a penny in, but to get the begging bowl out during a statement that treats the fans like absolute mugs is beyond the pale, and I'm finished with Crawford Rae and his shambolic reign. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

34 minutes ago, Malt said:

So, in a selfless act he resigned to allow the club to save money. 

why did he not just offer to work with no wage as he is not getting one now. 

shambolic club and the Rae family have all but killed the club. 

I get that this is a rhetorical question but presumably he has other things he wants to do with his time if he's not getting a wage for it. I don't doubt that Hopkin cares about the club but it's a limited company, not a charity. Anyone at the club who isn't getting paid is under no obligation to give up their time and effort for what is ultimately still the Raes' property.

EOho8Pw.png

And this is maybe a minor point in this flaming wreckage of a situation, but:

“I discussed budgets with Hoppy this morning and we looked at possible ways to improve our financial position.  In a selfless act he said he would resign if that would help the Club financially.  We talked about this at some length and I eventually, and reluctantly, accepted his resignation."

It was just the two of them? No board involvement? A new guy just joined the board this week and now he's got this to deal with?

EOho8Pw.png

25 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

My fucking word. We have had more than our fair share of minter statements over the years but just wow.

Begging for stream purchases when you have let the manager go and put novices in charge, have a word.

No wage deferral, no cut, just a straight out bye bye to the manager?

If the finances were so tight (we know they are) why have you done fuck all about it other than appeal to the fans to dig deep again?

It's December. Not an ounce of marketing merchandise for Christmas, multi game packages or half season tickets.

You want income? Fucking do something to earn it. In fact, don't. Just do one. Now.

Not looking for a phone case then?

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The Greenock Morton Community Trust is due to take control from next season.

Has anyone given them the heads up?

12 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Does Crawford actually own Morton? Seem to remember reading it was his mother or did I make that up? Pretty obvious Crawford does not have the money to own a football club.

GC is run by the Raes in various guises but Crawford is appointed by them to liquidate their concerns with their father's stupid wee football club. Perhaps only metaphorically, but at this rate it can't be ruled out that they'll bring whole rotten precipice down on their way out the door.

If we're now having people walk away with nothing 'for the good of the club' then it's high time that the Rae family accepted responsibility for the massive pile of IOUs that their paterfamilias built up over the years and leave without getting a single piece of the land as payment. It's got to the point where MCT needs to put the screws on GC I feel, this cannot be sustained.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, Deego said:

Not looking for a phone case then?

The Greenock Morton Community Trust is due to take control from next season.

Has anyone given them the heads up?

There is a serious question around the next managerial appointment. If the Raes deign to offer such largesse as funding a manager, are they going to interview him and hire him? Or will MCT be involved as part of a transition period? I'm assuming from today's events that the Board is now a rubber-stamp body so let's leave them aside for now. How on earth is recruitment going to be managed, knowing there's a change of ownership in just a few months' time?

Or is this all academic because they'll just give it to whatever player is old enough to grow a mustache?

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, Hej said:

I just hope he's not quit over an absolute minter of another tinpot fuckup Morton have made. Won't hold my breathe though.

idoxsrq3r3u01.jpg

It was inevitable, wasn't it. A total banter club. Just put us out our misery already. 

9 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

It looks as though MCT will inherit a mess, as Crawford has checked out and the club drifts through the rest of the season.

Checked out with the deeds to Cappielow in his back pocket.

EOho8Pw.png

59 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Should get rid of MacKinnon to save money while we're at it. He seems to have just disappeared. 

Absolutely. There's been some real chancers and charlatans latching on to Morton over the years, and MacKinnon is right down with the worst.

AWMSC

Archived