Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

Let’s hope that’s the end of Muirhead being first name on the team sheet most weeks. Likely the players themselves, will have a better idea of who to have on the pitch than Hopkin did. In fact most supporters would make a better matchday squad selection than Hopkin. All we need is to play our best players and that will be enough. Certainly better than that craven shitfest on Saturday against Hearts.

Might put a couple of quid on Morton to beat Dunfermline. Seen that sort of thing happen so often when it is completely counterintuitive.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have zero sympathy for Morton or any other club giving it the guilt trip card again. Did someone put a gun to their head when they voted to proceed with a new season and just gormlessly hope that there wouldn't be a second wave against all available scientific expectations? They've then run ahead with the foolish streaming model. Morton's actual all-round package may be belatedly better than most but it still does not meet any sort of real value for money judgment. Fans are also contributing to MCT: this is not some magical source of brand new money.

The bottom line is that any losses sustained this season are the result of decisions made by the owners and the current board. It's time for them to put their money where their mouth is or indeed hand over the keys to Cappielow so that the club's balance sheet is no longer a mess that couldn't deal with a cold snap never mind a global pandemic.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It would have been nice if Crawford could have left the club in any other state than death's fucking door by the time he swans off (while retaining the stadium).

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

So, in a selfless act he resigned to allow the club to save money. 

why did he not just offer to work with no wage as he is not getting one now. 

shambolic club and the Rae family have all but killed the club. 

Two scenarios here:

1. That's a fabrication to hide the real reason, in which case the board are lying to the support and their position is untenable.

2. More likely and far more worrying, it's true and they've made such a pig's ear of budgeting for the season that despite receiving £10K a month from MCT and allowing the manager to build a 22 man squad, they literally can’t afford to pay the wage of a fucking manager, in which case the board are more incompetent than any of us could ever have imagined and their position is untenable.

No one expected budgeting for this season to be easy for any club - which does take us back to the question of whether having one at all was sensible - but if the financial situation is that dire then maybe the club should have bothered to try and generate revenue at some point as many of our peers have done, rather than sitting with their fingers up their arses letting MCT do all the fundraising for them.

I know they should be gone in the summer anyway, but this is full on sack the board material. Get the fuck out of this club now and don't even think about following through with your plan to steal the ownership of the stadium as you do so.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

My fucking word. We have had more than our fair share of minter statements over the years but just wow.

Begging for stream purchases when you have let the manager go and put novices in charge, have a word.

No wage deferral, no cut, just a straight out bye bye to the manager?

If the finances were so tight (we know they are) why have you done fuck all about it other than appeal to the fans to dig deep again?

It's December. Not an ounce of marketing merchandise for Christmas, multi game packages or half season tickets.

You want income? Fucking do something to earn it. In fact, don't. Just do one. Now.

Archived