Hoppy Gone (Potentially) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hoppy Gone (Potentially)

ChampTon

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, so72 said:

Back to livi?

I can't see it personally. Albeit the source has never told me anything else other than the Telfer situation. I'd be more interested to see who would be the next manager, I could almost absolutely see it being Chris Millar and Jim. 

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

I can't see it personally. Albeit the source has never told me anything else other than the Telfer situation. I'd be more interested to see who would be the next manager, I could almost absolutely see it being Chris Millar and Jim. 

Well if you're right, then I would be shocked if we never went for Millar and McAllister to save even more money.

If he has walked over a disagreement then I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was manufacturing it, working his ticket to get back to Livingston.

It's definitely going to be Millar and McAlister taking over.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, TheGoon said:

Is anyone actually disappointed? 

Don't think so. His football has been dire for weeks. It'll absolutely be McAlister and Millar til the end of the season and they'll get it permanently if we stay up.

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Is anyone actually disappointed? 

Depends how much in compo we're on the hook for, given that he has 18 months remaining on his contract.

If we can get away without paying much, I'm not fussed either way. I don't think he's done a dreadful job but nor do I think we're losing someone irreplacable.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

Depends how much in compo we're on the hook for, given that he has 18 months remaining on his contract.

If we can get away without paying much, I'm not fussed either way. I don't think he's done a dreadful job but nor do I think we're losing someone irreplacable.

Doesn't sound like he's been sacked? Despite the dreadful football I don't think he was in TTG territory yet and we can't afford to punt anyone right now. 

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Doesn't sound like he's been sacked? Despite the dreadful football I don't think he was in TTG territory yet and we can't afford to punt anyone right now. 

Agree, sounds like he's walked. Early Christmas present for one and all if true.

Probably for the best. The football played was fucking guff, which is fine if you're winning games and doing it well but there was never a sustained period of good results for him to build a protection against that criticism.

I just hope he's not quit over an absolute minter of another tinpot fuckup Morton have made. Won't hold my breathe though.

Just now, piehutt said:

Another shambolic day in the recent history of Morton. 

Hopkin is a big miss for us imo. Ok, so the football wasn't great, but realistically he was the best manager we could get. He was pragmatic in playing style and would have gotten enough results with a threadbare squad and low budget. 

Birthday caird pish. Low budget, aye. Need for shitebag tactics and playing for 0-0s away to Arbroath? No. 

Archived