Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December)

Admin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, Toby said:

Aye, I think we have to be very careful about going all “Green Brigade” with the self entitlement and delusions of grandeur about our place in the game. But we’re in a league with Inverness, Raith, Ayr, Queen of the South, Alloa and Arbroath and promoting ourselves as the paupers of the league. I get that money’s tight, but it’s not that tight in relative terms. We’re at least as big a club as all of those above and certainly bigger than three of them. Perhaps if we’d have made a big deal of selling bricks, like Arbroath, or just getting the begging bowl out like Raith, things wouldn’t be as bad.

A 0-2 defeat by Hearts would probably have been the bookies most predicted correct score from today’s game, but the teams that competed against Rangers, Dundee United and Hibs in recent years made far more effort to win those games. And they didn't have Man City’s billions either. Although the manager back then also talked us down, but at least used it as a catalyst to spur the players on.

This. Its fucking embarrassing reading/listening to the plucky wee Morton rhetoric continuously spouted by those inside the club.

Hoppy's pre-match interviews make me shudder on an almost weekly basis. Hearts i can understand to an extent, but even then they aren't unbeatable especially not at home. The same shite when we're playing arbroath for example is cringeworthy. High time we started to change the story. We are were we are but its not on a par with the likes of Arbroath or Alloa 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

9 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

This. Its fucking embarrassing reading/listening to the plucky wee Morton rhetoric continuously spouted by those inside the club.

Hoppy's pre-match interviews make me shudder on an almost weekly basis. Hearts i can understand to an extent, but even then they aren't unbeatable especially not at home. The same shite when we're playing arbroath for example is cringeworthy. High time we started to change the story. We are were we are but its not on a par with the likes of Arbroath or Alloa 

Arbroath technically finished above us this season and their squad is absolutely not inferior to ours this season. That is actually where we are for this pointless farce of a campaign.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

"Highlights" are up:

I sat through 90 minutes of that dirge on Saturday, and after we went on at them for so long about producing hee-haw they put together 16 and a half minutes to watch again?????

From one extreme to another- they really hate us, don’t they?

Archived