Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December)

Admin

Always difficult judging from a streamed game but we do look inadequate up front, midfield and with basic skills. Can't for the life of me see what Hopkins is doing to earn a wage. His reputation as a coach is fantasy.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Yes detaching with bottom four. Soon to be cast afloat.

Had hoped for loanie scoring some goals but are far too isolated from our group of holding midfield.

Get Lyon and Luca in the team and give us boys who have potential to become decent footballers.

I can’t understand why Hopkin prefers the likes of Muirhead over Lyon and Colville. FFS put our best players in the starting line up!

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

Who decided he was the greatest player? Cheat, drug addict & criminal? Yes

Me, clearly. Given that I stated he is. If you disagree, disagree away.

But what is indisputable is the mark that he left on football. If you can’t accept one minute to respect the indelible influence he had on the world’s greatest game, I’d suggest football isn’t for you.

2EF523D3-01F1-443C-9AA8-0624D44672DE.jpeg

Another game without fans inside the ground another game hopkin and the team escape the hounding they'd have deserved after that shit. 

He's getting away with it big time and should have been punted in the clyde weeks ago. 

Play our strongest team or fuck off. 

Aye, I think we have to be very careful about going all “Green Brigade” with the self entitlement and delusions of grandeur about our place in the game. But we’re in a league with Inverness, Raith, Ayr, Queen of the South, Alloa and Arbroath and promoting ourselves as the paupers of the league. I get that money’s tight, but it’s not that tight in relative terms. We’re at least as big a club as all of those above and certainly bigger than three of them. Perhaps if we’d have made a big deal of selling bricks, like Arbroath, or just getting the begging bowl out like Raith, things wouldn’t be as bad.

A 0-2 defeat by Hearts would probably have been the bookies most predicted correct score from today’s game, but the teams that competed against Rangers, Dundee United and Hibs in recent years made far more effort to win those games. And they didn't have Man City’s billions either. Although the manager back then also talked us down, but at least used it as a catalyst to spur the players on.

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

It's amateur as fuck to be training on the pitch every day. It ruined it last season and it's going to do the same this season. Only so much that even a groundsman as good as Mark Farrell can do in those circumstances.

Why would we want a bowling green show lawn pitch when our team's M.O. is to be difficult to beat and play off scraps?

Cappielow was traditionally a quagmire that dragged better resourced clubs down to our level in the top flight. Given our current limitations, I'd turn a fire hose on the pitch tomorrow morning as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, I think we have to be very careful about going all “Green Brigade” with the self entitlement and delusions of grandeur about our place in the game. But we’re in a league with Inverness, Raith, Ayr, Queen of the South, Alloa and Arbroath and promoting ourselves as the paupers of the league. I get that money’s tight, but it’s not that tight in relative terms. We’re at least as big a club as all of those above and certainly bigger than three of them. Perhaps if we’d have made a big deal of selling bricks, like Arbroath, or just getting the begging bowl out like Raith, things wouldn’t be as bad.

A 0-2 defeat by Hearts would probably have been the bookies most predicted correct score from today’s game, but the teams that competed against Rangers, Dundee United and Hibs in recent years made far more effort to win those games. And they didn't have Man City’s billions either. Although the manager back then also talked us down, but at least used it as a catalyst to spur the players on.

It is tight in relative terms though because Inverness and Ayr are building squads on the never-never again while Raith were happy to lose £200k a year to get out of the seaside leagues and then panhandled extra money 'to survive' in the spring as well. Being part time like Alloa or Arbroath is surely an advantage in the current circumstances because your players have a more stable income outside of the game. That leaves us and Queen of the South who are the only clubs trying to build full time squads with the actual resources available to them. Unsurprisingly, both teams are dogshit. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

7 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It is tight in relative terms though because Inverness and Ayr are building squads on the never-never again while Raith were happy to lose £200k a year to get out of the seaside leagues and then panhandled extra money 'to survive' in the spring as well. Being part time like Alloa or Arbroath is surely an advantage in the current circumstances because your players have a more stable income outside of the game. That leaves us and Queen of the South who are the only clubs trying to build full time squads with the actual resources available to them. Unsurprisingly, both teams are dogshit. 

All those points are relevant, but that doesn’t for a second mean that we are paupers in this league, like the club would want us to believe.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

All those points are relevant, but that doesn’t for a second mean that we are paupers in this league, like the club would want us to believe.

Understand all that has been addressed, however, it was stated on radio Scotland today that the Hearts manager alone was on more money than the entire Morton setup combined.  That is the reality.

6 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Who decided he was the greatest player? Cheat, drug addict & criminal? Yes

Who decided you can’t be a good footballer if you’re a cheat, drug addict and criminal?

Some  of the best have been all of the above.

I've resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be terrible to watch this season. There will be a few blips like the Ayr game but our priority is to stay in the league and its clear we are going to do that by fighting and scrapping for points. It's soul destroying and I kind of get it but what I don't agree with is Hopkin continuing to choose not to play his best team. He said before yesterday's game that Muirhead was in for his height, physicality and experience. Well again he showed fuck all. Time to admit you got that one wrong Hopkin. Omar didn't do much wrong but as others have said why bit out Jacobs at right back and play Colville or lyon in midfield. Paying £16 to watch that is just fucked and I won't be surprised if people start giving the games a miss. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Paying £16 to watch that is just fucked and I won't be surprised if people start giving the games a miss. 

Would be interesting to see the buy rates and drop off, with each passing week more people saying it's the last one they will buy.

Clubs have been criticised in the past when they sacked a manager purely on style of football but there's literally no redeeming feature of our approach to games that make it worth watching.

Different story with fans in attendance as entertainment value is just one part of the experience of going to the game. When watching online though, it's literally the only thing to get out of it and there is absolutely none on offer.

11 hours ago, montheton said:

Understand all that has been addressed, however, it was stated on radio Scotland today that the Hearts manager alone was on more money than the entire Morton setup combined.  That is the reality.

How much the Hearts manager earns shouldn’t dictate how Morton approach an away trip to Gayfield.

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Would be interesting to see the buy rates and drop off, with each passing week more people saying it's the last one they will buy.

Clubs have been criticised in the past when they sacked a manager purely on style of football but there's literally no redeeming feature of our approach to games that make it worth watching.

Different story with fans in attendance as entertainment value is just one part of the experience of going to the game. When watching online though, it's literally the only thing to get out of it and there is absolutely none on offer.

Do the club announce how many have bought 'tickets' for the games? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived