Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 5th December)

Admin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Snoozefest now.

Interestingly though, when i bought the stream i was number 6k odds. Almost 7k. I hope that's a cumulative total for purchases of this game alone. If so, it was absolutely correct to charge the 14/16 quid

I would be less surprised if that was over the course of the season than if it were just for this game.

Defensively, Omar aside, we actually look okay, as we have for the majority of the season. Middle to front though is as bad as it’s ever been. We’ve got nothing, and rely on teams just gifting us opportunities. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Dreadful. That’s the last game I’ll be buying for a while. I canny stomach watching more of us. 

Four league goals in six games. And three of them were against "Ayr", who aren't even real.

EOho8Pw.png

One goal in our last five games, and that was against a shite St. Mirren team.

Despite it being October to April - this is going to be a long season for us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Defensively, Omar aside, we actually look okay, as we have for the majority of the season. Middle to front though is as bad as it’s ever been. We’ve got nothing, and rely on teams just gifting us opportunities. 

Yeah, in the last couple of seasons when we've generally been toothless we've at least had one outstanding talent who was far too good for the division and could produce goals out of nothing in Kiltie and then Cadden.

Now we don't have a creative player with half their end product despite stockpiling literally a dozen of them, and to go along with it we don't even have a centre forward as good as McHugh. The squad has significantly regressed, to a greater extent than can be excused by budgets.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yes detaching with bottom four. Soon to be cast afloat.

Had hoped for loanie scoring some goals but are far too isolated from our group of holding midfield.

Get Lyon and Luca in the team and give us boys who have potential to become decent footballers.

32 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Now we don't have a creative player with half their end product despite stockpiling literally a dozen of them, and to go along with it we don't even have a centre forward as good as McHugh. The squad has significantly regressed, to a greater extent than can be excused by budgets.

This is where the criticism of Hopkin should be focused - that and inexplicably playing Muirhead of course. Jacobs would have been a better replacement for Ledger because at least you could have given Colville or someone a chance in central midfield instead. Omar is just a massive downgrade with no upside anywhere else on the park.

I wouldn't pay money to stream matches because it isn't value never mind entertainment. The job of a football coach is not to entertain people or sell streaming packages though: it is to get the best out of the squad and - in our current circumstances - to keep us in the division at all costs to allow as smooth a transition at the top as possible. In those terms we're doing okay but Hopkin's summer transfers have clearly contributed to the limitations that we're dealing with as well.

Perhaps we can move on some players in January but otherwise the sooner this nonsense season ends the better.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Maradona was the greatest player ever to kick a ball, I fail to see how a football club honouring the life of the sport’s finest ever player is a nonsense.

As for the game, pretty much going as expected. Good to see other scores going our way with the other bottom feeders (apart from Dundee) all losing.

Who decided he was the greatest player? Cheat, drug addict & criminal? Yes

Archived