Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020

Admin

I do think a few people forget just how bad things were this time last year. The fact we went into the Brora game expecting them to get a result says it all. The defence was improved and we became slightly less of a shan outfit, but I and many others would’ve been happy to see the back of Hopkin at several points last season. Outside of a few comebacks/good wins, it hasn’t been fun.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a difficult afternoon for the Greenock side and manager David Hopkin had no doubt that the red card had made a significant difference to the contest. Speaking to the website, he said, ”We’ve had a look at it and thought the decision was a bit harsh. Overall, we’re disappointed as we conceded a soft penalty and from set plays. However, the boys are giving me their all out on the park and we move on to the midweek match in Paisley.”

Same old, same old.

https://www.gmfc.net/match-report-raith-rovers-5-0-morton/

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Fuck right off Hopkin. If 'giving their all' ends up losing every week and capitusliting like we did yesterday then they csn get to fuck as well. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fuck right off Hopkin. If 'giving their all' ends up losing every week and capitusliting like we did yesterday then they csn get to fuck as well. 

If they're giving their all and are losing 5-0 then this demonstrates that they're either very badly set up by their manager or he has done a very bar job of assembling a Championship-standard squad. I want culpability highlighted not endless, mealy mouthed platitudes.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 11/7/2020 at 5:30 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Given it was a straight red, is McAllister available for Wednesday?

Hope not.

Does it not cost to make an appeal anyway? 

Not the best use of our limited income streams. 

Don't  see him adding value on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Hope not.

Does it not cost to make an appeal anyway? 

Not the best use of our limited income streams. 

Don't  see him adding value on Wednesday.

Aye I'm sure that we'll be fine with the likes of Blues waving through endless waves of attack in the middle of the park in a derby instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived