Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Raith vs Morton Championship 7th November 2020

Admin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club better not start its usual shite about defending the precious honour of any of that squad if they receive less than positive social media reviews off the back of that result. They're already getting off lightly because there weren't fans in attendance to give them a proper hounding. This is probably seen as a great benefit of the pandemic at GMFC and many other clubs across the country: keep the revolting plebs who pay for the whole stupid exercise unseen and only heard when you can cry foul about it, while building yourselves up to be a crack outfit all week long.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

52 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Best part of today was the user "Reece1874" saying the raith commentator was a fanny

Took the video off full screen to see what 'feedback' the commentator was talking about and burst out laughing when I read that.

Greenock Morton manager David Hopkin: "We didn't start the game well. It was a soft penalty. From where I was it didn't even look as if it was in the box. With Jim getting sent off, we knew it was going to be an uphill struggle. The game's done before half-time.

"Jim was bemused when he got a red card. Once I see it on Monday, we'll see what we can do about it. Second half, we concede within two or three minutes. Four goals were avoidable."

No shame in losing to Raith at the minute, just not by 5 goals. Can’t even blame the sending off because we weren’t even in the game before it. Our constant angled hoofball is good for rattling defences like Ayr last week that are shaky at best, but we have nothing else to throw at times - which given the amount of attackers on the books is pretty poor. St Mirren don’t score goals and I’m still expecting a doing up there on Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Given it was a straight red, is McAllister available for Wednesday?

Hopefully. I like him but he's wasteful in possession and wastes a lot of energy chasing lost causes so we can't afford that with a limited squad. Jacobs does a better job protecting the midfield. 

6 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Given it was a straight red, is McAllister available for Wednesday?

Automatic 2 match ban, regardless of competition so he'll miss the two cup games. 

Doubt Hopkin has any chance of overturning it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Hopefully. I like him but he's wasteful in possession and wastes a lot of energy chasing lost causes so we can't afford that with a limited squad. Jacobs does a better job protecting the midfield. 

So to be crystal clear about this:

- you 'like' McAlister but reckon that he's shite at the main aspects of his role in the team 

- yet you 'hope' that he's available for the cup even though you want Jacobs in that role instead.

- you think that their job on the park is to 'protect the midfield' despite them being, erm, midfielders themselves 

tenor (13).gif

The reality of course is that if we just punted the other central midfielder out of the team - who did such a sterling job marshalling Berwick Rangers' slide into the Lowland Leagues - and played Jacobs and McAlister together instead, then we might have at least a halfway competitive midfield like we had back in February. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

So to be crystal clear about this:

- you 'like' McAlister but reckon that he's shite at the main aspects of his role in the team 

- yet you 'hope' that he's available for the cup even though you want Jacobs in that role instead.

- you think that their job on the park is to 'protect the midfield' despite them being, erm, midfielders themselves 

tenor (13).gif

The reality of course is that if we just punted the other central midfielder out of the team - who did such a sterling job marshalling Berwick Rangers' slide into the Lowland Leagues - and played Jacobs and McAlister together instead, then we might have at least a halfway competitive midfield like we had back in February. 

Aye, you've summed it up wee man. 

39 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Aye, you've summed it up wee man. 

tenor (15).gif

A absolute disgrace of a performance from the Team & the Management... After 4 games of the season We have had 3 Red Card's Muirhead at Dens was just crazy & there is no Defense for MacAlister Yesterday He's supposed to lead by example being Club Captain & how Hopkin can even think of appealing the Red Card is just crazy... You can except losing any Game when the best Team win as what happened Yesterday but We were a Shambles all through the Game & Hopkin can't even think of Defending Himself Or His Player's..

10 minutes ago, Lordyton said:

A absolute disgrace of a performance from the Team & the Management... After 4 games of the season We have had 3 Red Card's Muirhead at Dens was just crazy & there is no Defense for MacAlister Yesterday He's supposed to lead by example being Club Captain & how Hopkin can even think of appealing the Red Card is just crazy... You can except losing any Game when the best Team win as what happened Yesterday but We were a Shambles all through the Game & Hopkin can't even think of Defending Himself Or His Player's..

Raith Certainly Capitalised On Our Poor Performance Yesterday.

Last season we got through our League Cup group off the back of beating teams in leagues below us before conceding 5 goals in the first knock-out game; we got put out the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle; we had to go to an *away* replay against Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup before a by-all-accounts dismal 3-0 defeat to a not-great St Johnstone side; on top of that, we finished a pretty uninspiring 7th in the league having conceded a whopping 52 goals in only 27 games with only 4 wins in all competitions post-Christmas. Along the way, actual cash was paid for Henk Van Shaik, Cameron Blues being signed twice, a stream of utterly pointless attacking players who barely kicked a ball whilst having no right-back, all the whilst listening to the manager making dubious claims about how poorly off he is.

The point there being that if you strip away all the rhetoric of how the manager wants to play a certain way and the rest, the simple fact is that there’s been absolutely fuck all to shout about under Hopkin that didn’t come in the form of Nicky Cadden. He’s awful good at talking himself up, but it’s about time it started being backed up on the pitch.

AWMSC

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

Raith Certainly Capitalised On Our Poor Performance Yesterday.

See What You Did There Toby😂

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived