Just One Cornetto - A Greenock Morton Podcast - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Just One Cornetto - A Greenock Morton Podcast

Admin

Episode 9 is now live! Dean, Evan and Ewan react to Morton's stunning 3-2 comeback win against Ayr United. Dean also interview's the Greenock Telegraph's Morton reporter Chris Dodds. Remember you can now subscribe to us wherever you get your podcasts! 

• Like 2

Eubo has taken the reigns for an episode! Ewan, Evan and Louise analyse Saturday's League Cup match against Partick Thistle, continue last week's discussion regarding the club's attitude to cup competitions, talk about online criticism given to players, and of course discuss Scotland's qualification for Euro 2021!

On 11/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, Admin said:

Episode 13 is now live! Dean, Cammy and Craig do everything possible to avoid talking about the game...what's your favourite Greenock train station?

My favourite Greenock Train Station is Port Glasgow.

*insert signature here*

Coming soon on the Just One Cornetto podcast - Dean McKinnon sits down for a feature length interview with former Morton manager Davie Irons. The current Stenny manager talks about his tenure with the ill-fated Gretna, his 'challenging' spell at Morton, being the oldest player to ever play in a Scottish Cup fixture and his future with Stenhousemuir. 

Keep your eyes across our social media feeds, and subscribe to the Just One Cornetto podcast on your podcast player to make sure you're the first to hear this blockbuster interview! 

David Irons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Admin said:

Coming soon on the Just One Cornetto podcast - Dean McKinnon sits down for a feature length interview with former Morton manager Davie Irons. The current Stenny manager talks about his tenure with the ill-fated Gretna, his 'challenging' spell at Morton, being the oldest player to ever play in a Scottish Cup fixture and his future with Stenhousemuir. 

Keep your eyes across our social media feeds, and subscribe to the Just One Cornetto podcast on your podcast player to make sure you're the first to hear this blockbuster interview! 

David Irons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I met Sir David Irons a couple of years back.  Great guy.

*insert signature here*

I hope that Sir David was addressed by his proper title by that little bollocks at all times in this interview.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Our exclusive interview with former Morton manager Davie Irons is now live! Dean McKinnon sits down for a feature length interview with current Stenny boss. He talks about his tenure with the ill-fated Gretna, his 'challenging' spell at Morton, his fractious relationship with Douglas Rae, being replaced by James Grady and Allan McManus, being the oldest player to ever play in a Scottish Cup fixture and his future with Stenhousemuir. 

• Upvote 2

Most of that is completely unsurprising confirmation of the rotten culture around Morton at the time, and it's pretty embarrassing to think how many people in football have heard stories like this and view Morton as a tinpot joke due to that hard earned reputation for mismanagement at a boardroom level. It'll take years of hard work to fix that.

Despite most of that being unsurprising, the McGuffie/Jenkins board meeting story is unbelievable.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

That story about McGuffie and Jenkins is incredible, although given my dealings with the club around the same time is not at all a complete surprise.

Was Rae misremembering or was he just using it as an excuse? 

Interesting that Alistair Donald was Irons' ally on the board.

EOho8Pw.png

On 12/3/2020 at 11:08 PM, TRVMP said:

Was Rae misremembering or was he just using it as an excuse? 

Interesting that Alistair Donald was Irons' ally on the board.

Apparently when he left the Morton board, he owed the club tens of thousands of pounds, as he was using the hospitality facilities as a private social club.

That wouldn't have done Davie Irons any favours when things were difficult between him and DDFR.

Edited by capitanus

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Apparently when he left the Morton board, he owed the club tens of thousands of pounds, as he was using the hospitality facilities as a private social club.

That wouldn't have done Davie Irons any favours when things were different between him and DDFR.

Didn't Alistair Donald organise the pre season trip to Austria and then bugger off without paying the bill?