Ton Tv - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton Tv

Chesh

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scott said:

I think it will be us who are referred to as the robbing bastards this season if Saturdays £14 category C game is anything to go by. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us ask for £20+ for the Hearts game. 

Fair comment, but last time I was at Send I needed a mortgage for a pie and bovril, hence the comment

23 hours ago, Scott said:

I think it will be us who are referred to as the robbing bastards this season if Saturdays £14 category C game is anything to go by. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us ask for £20+ for the Hearts game. 

Tbh, i don't have an issue with that. I'd probably be paying close to that to get into the game.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

23 hours ago, Scott said:

Surely they will reconsider the higher categories, if we are already the highest in the division.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, Jamie_M said:

Surely they will reconsider the higher categories, if we are already the highest in the division.

I see, on the official site, that it is 16GBP for the Ayr United match. That's a bit too rich for me. Especially as I can watch it on the SPFL site for 12.50 GBP.

FFS. Wasting vital revenue if they put off potentially hundreds of away (and home) fans with that sort of pricing.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Putting home fans off, maybe, but away fans possibly not. Once you take into account the £18 admission, and travel costs of, for argument sake £10 a head, that’s a cost of £28 per individual.

So, £14 to watch in your living room, probably with a couple of mates, isn’t such a bad deal, but I do get the argument that they could be putting some folk off.

10 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

So, £14 to watch in your living room, probably with a couple of mates

Reported to Nicola for breaking the rules.

Your mistake though is blindly comparing it to a day out at the football. That's not what people are buying here. For what it is, they are ripping people off.

16 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Putting home fans off, maybe, but away fans possibly not. Once you take into account the £18 admission, and travel costs of, for argument sake £10 a head, that’s a cost of £28 per individual.

So, £14 to watch in your living room, probably with a couple of mates, isn’t such a bad deal, but I do get the argument that they could be putting some folk off.

The club have barely any matchday costs right now though. We were already the most expensive in the division and now we've just raised prices again. People will look at the other clubs and decide Morton are ripping them off and not bother.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The club have barely any matchday costs right now though. We were already the most expensive in the division and now we've just raised prices again. People will look at the other clubs and decide Morton are ripping them off and not bother.

Some will counter with the 'can't be lower, season ticket value needs maintained' argument but even that doesn't stack up against what most other clubs are doing.

Morton - ST £220, streams £14/£16/?£18

Dundee ST £255, streams £12.50

Dunfermline ST £250, streams £12

ICT ST £208-£246, streams £9.99

Ayr ST £230, streams £12.50

QOS ST £210, streams £10

Raith ST £200, streams £12

Arbroath ST £180, streams £10

Alloa ST £170, streams £12

(No Hearts PPV info).

18 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Reported to Nicola for breaking the rules.

Maybe he meant what is almost certainly happening: one person buys it, emails/WhatsApp a screenshare link to his mates who he normally goes to games with, and half a dozen people watch it for the price of one. Essentially the #AMF version of lifting weans over turnstiles back in ye olde Hovis days.

EOho8Pw.png

The only categories we should have this season are 'standard league games' at £14 and 'Wankers' priced at £37 for Hearts.

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Maybe he meant what is almost certainly happening: one person buys it, emails/WhatsApp a screenshare link to his mates who he normally goes to games with, and half a dozen people watch it for the price of one. Essentially the #AMF version of lifting weans over turnstiles back in ye olde Hovis days.

Exactly what I meant.

Even if it's not your pals, family, who go to games together, will also watch the same stream.

7 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I think 14 quid for the quality of the streaming product is very fair. In fact, I'd still be happy paying a bit more, given that this is probably by far the biggest cash stream coming into the club at the moment

Me too.

I know, that at the moment, we only have Dundee's stream to measure ours against, but the QOS game aside, our product is far superior.

You only pay for what you get.

Archived